Birthday Breakfast in Singapore on embarkation day

kezball

(Similar post also in RC thread)

Hi everyone,

I'm going on my first ever cruise and turn 40 on embarkation day. Was thinking of having a family breakfast somewhere nice in Singapore before heading over to our cruise for embarkation (Mariner). Any suggestions as to where we can go?

Thanks,

Edited by kezball

You will I am sure get replies from people who know Singapore well - as a suggestion Google "breakfast in Singapore" and you will get lots of information.

Its a great idea but! what you do will depend on where you are staying and if you are doing independent transfers. If you use ships transfers - you will be to a "hurry up and wait" timetable, - breakfast - cases out - recheck your case is in the lobby in lobby, sometimes check cases onto coach, and sometimes at the dock

So some embarkation mornings can be a bit frantic, if you are transferring to the ship independently you can set your own times.

Personally I would try to get on board as early as possible and celebrate you birthday with your family over dinner

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to try something different Tim Ho Wan (01-29 Plaza Singapura, Singapore, Singapore (Geylang))serves incredible dim sum (it has one Michelin star). It is not fancy but is quite comfortable. My wife and I had the good fortune of sitting next to a young Singaporean couple with whom we wound up sharing food and spent some time with them after brunch. We still keep in touch.

Kerrie

which hotel are you staying in Singapore, what day of the week and at what time is your embarkation?

For example the breakfast at "The Line" at the Shangri-La is excellent and the Sunday brunches (starting at 11:00 am) at the Raffles or the Four Seasons are fantastic.

Unless you want to have breakfast like the locals, most Hotel should be able to arrange it for you. :) Restaurants in Shopping Centres don't usually open that early, usually around 10.30am/11am so you probably be getting ready to board your cruise. IMO either arrange through the Hotel you are staying or do in on-board the Mariner in the evening.

Have a WONDERFUL trip, Happy Birthday in advance and WELCOME to Singapore. :)