Off-site parking in Tampa

Nan1052

I've never cruised out of Tampa, and normally sail from Pt Canaveral or FLL, where we use off-site lots with shuttles and reduced fees. Heard negative remarks regarding Premier, but wondered if anyone has any good recommendations for reliable options for our upcoming cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas.

Thanks in advance!

It's now $15 per day, which is $75 for 5-nights. I've used off-site parking in Pt Canaveral and Ft Lauderdale with shuttles for like $7 per day. Never had a problem and very convenient shuttles. Was hoping to hear if anyone has personally used any of the off-site lots nearby that they can recommend. Want to keep my keys and know they have 24-hour security.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI today 1216/15 on Tampa TV station a rash of car break in's they didn't pin point the parking places.

I do the valet parking at pier 3, I have the valet look in my trunk to see it's empty, I leave the valet key so trunk and gas cap are locked out.

I've used The Parking Doctors (Parktologists) twice and was happy both times. For the last 7-day cruise, the total was under $65. Their lot isn't fancy and your car will be a little dusty when you return, but I wasn't worried about leaving my car there and I previously lived within blocks of the lot and the port. The lot itself is about 6 blocks from the port, so the shuttle drive to and from the lot is quick. And you'll keep your keys.

I'll use them again simply because I don't see a need to pay twice as much to park in the garage across the street when it only saves me about 20 minutes. Plus, living in the city, I'm used to my car being parked outside.