Beer Selection on the Norwegian Star

diamondhead69

Does anyone have the current listing of beers (both bottle and draft) offered on the Norwegian Star? I am taking this cruise in December out of Tampa and am really hoping they offer some craft selections rather than the usual boring brands. I have heard NCL may board some local (embarkation port) brands and if so, please tell me some Cigar City options may be available! I am praying at least one if not several IPAs may be on-board. Please let me know.

With the exception of the Escape, there aren't many decent beers aboard the fleet.

As you mentioned, sometimes there are local to port beers brought aboard but it's probably not anything you should count on.

On the Getaway last year there was a blonde and a pale ale from a Miami brewery (forget the name right now) both on draft only and only at O'Sheehan's.

Assuming the selection is the same fleetwide, the "craft" beers aboard will be Sam Adams, Blue Moon, and sometimes the seasonals of those two. There's a decent import selection, but only if you like beers that are light yellow. Peroni, Moretti, Pilsner Urquell, Becks, Bass, etc.

I was on the Star last week. There is a decent selection of bottled beers. Miller, Heineken, Dos Equis XX Amber, Mich Ultra, Corona, Landshark in 5 o'clock somewhere, and many others.

As for draft I only saw three: New Castle Brown ale, Heineken and Stella.

The service on the Star was fine also. The longest I waited was < 10 mins at the Bier Garten. Average was about 2-3 mins.

I was on the Star last week. There is a decent selection of bottled beers. Miller, Heineken, Dos Equis XX Amber, Mich Ultra, Corona, Landshark in 5 o'clock somewhere, and many others.

As for draft I only saw three: New Castle Brown ale, Heineken and Stella.

The service on the Star was fine also. The longest I waited was < 10 mins at the Bier Garten. Average was about 2-3 mins.

Sounds pretty good to me. We're leaving Sunday, think I can make that work. Thanks for the update.