canopy tour which is the best

ocean blue2

The canopy people usually reply with 2 days. I scheduled for the 11am canopy tour (PV time), but probably could have made it for the 10am tour because it takes abou 15 minutes from cruise terminal to the pemex gas station. As long as you arrive to the pemex gas station about 20 minutes before the hour, then you could join the tour for that hour. I arrived at around 9:40, and the only reason I had to wait for the 11am tour is because they had a private tour scheduled that day at 10am.

We did the 11am tour, and took the 2:30 shuttle back down to pemex gas station, but they ran late because the private tour bus was blocking the veranos tour shuttle bus.

I scheduled for the 3:30 couples massage at Millenium Spa (see my other reply to you.) Took a cab there, and had time to spare.

The cab ride from terminal to pemex gas station costed us $4 per person. Our cab ride back to Krystal Resort was $5 for the cab, and we shared with another couple which were headed back to the cruise terminal, and the driver charged them $6.

The canopy people usually reply with 2 days. I scheduled for the 11am canopy tour (PV time), but probably could have made it for the 10am tour because it takes abou 15 minutes from cruise terminal to the pemex gas station. As long as you arrive to the pemex gas station about 20 minutes before the hour, then you could join the tour for that hour. I arrived at around 9:40, and the only reason I had to wait for the 11am tour is because they had a private tour scheduled that day at 10am.

We did the 11am tour, and took the 2:30 shuttle back down to pemex gas station, but they ran late because the private tour bus was blocking the veranos tour shuttle bus.

I scheduled for the 3:30 couples massage at Millenium Spa (see my other reply to you.) Took a cab there, and had time to spare.

The cab ride from terminal to pemex gas station costed us $4 per person. Our cab ride back to Krystal Resort was $5 for the cab, and we shared with another couple which were headed back to the cruise terminal, and the driver charged them $6.

Monik - I am on NCL Star that is at PV from 9AM - 5PM in brochure. I guess that is ship time. So is it really 10AM in PV. I wanted to do a 11AM canopy tour on our own too and wonder if I will have enough time to make the transport at the Pemax and of course get back to the ship in time to leave.

We were just there last week. We had a noon reservation but got off the ship right away and went directly to the office by way of a van because we couldnt all fit in a taxi.

There are lots of the yellow taxis when you walk away from the port. They are supposed to be the cheapest. We paid $5 a couple and had a van to ourselves.

I think the trip took about 20 minutes. We got to the office a couple of hours early and went into the office and the man said that if the 10 wasnt full we most likely could go on the 11 if we wanted to. We made it on the 10 which was great.

The weather was hot and humid. No sweatshirt was needed and it even rained a little bit.

Do bring bug spray. The bug bites are nasty, at least for 3 out of our group of 5.

If you are at all afraid to try this DONT BE!! I was the biggest chicken. I was sitting listening to the instructions and my whole body was quivering and I even had tears in my eyes. The staff was WONDERFUL. They made it fun and gently coaxed me every step of the way. It was worth it all.

The river was very muddy as they had rain storms before so we didnt even look into the waterslides.

The food was delicious.

They let you purchase one DVD and tell you to make copies for all others in the group.

We did have one member of our group who couldnt go on the tour because of being 5 lbs over weight. They were very apologetic. I was glad to see they took safety seriously.

I hope you try it. It was the best part of our whole cruise for me!! I cant wait to go again.

We were just there last week. We had a noon reservation but got off the ship right away and went directly to the office by way of a van because we couldnt all fit in a taxi.

There are lots of the yellow taxis when you walk away from the port. They are supposed to be the cheapest. We paid $5 a couple and had a van to ourselves.

I think the trip took about 20 minutes. We got to the office a couple of hours early and went into the office and the man said that if the 10 wasnt full we most likely could go on the 11 if we wanted to. We made it on the 10 which was great.

The weather was hot and humid. No sweatshirt was needed and it even rained a little bit.

Do bring bug spray. The bug bites are nasty, at least for 3 out of our group of 5.

If you are at all afraid to try this DONT BE!! I was the biggest chicken. I was sitting listening to the instructions and my whole body was quivering and I even had tears in my eyes. The staff was WONDERFUL. They made it fun and gently coaxed me every step of the way. It was worth it all.

The river was very muddy as they had rain storms before so we didnt even look into the waterslides.

The food was delicious.

They let you purchase one DVD and tell you to make copies for all others in the group.

We did have one member of our group who couldnt go on the tour because of being 5 lbs over weight. They were very apologetic. I was glad to see they took safety seriously.

I hope you try it. It was the best part of our whole cruise for me!! I cant wait to go again.

Vavip,

Yes, I think you will have plenty of time to get back to your cruise on time. We did the 11am PV time tour, and if we were to head straight back to the cruise terminal, I think we would be back by 3:30. The whole tour including transportation time (from pemex gas station, NOT cruise terminal) was about 4 hours. Travel time between cruise terminal and pemex gas station is about 15-20 minutes each way.

Vavip,

Yes, I think you will have plenty of time to get back to your cruise on time. We did the 11am PV time tour, and if we were to head straight back to the cruise terminal, I think we would be back by 3:30. The whole tour including transportation time (from pemex gas station, NOT cruise terminal) was about 4 hours. Travel time between cruise terminal and pemex gas station is about 15-20 minutes each way.

Thanks monik , I was wondering though we are booked for 11am for the Canopy tour , Ship is scheduled to be in PV 9-4 Will I have time for a couples massage at the millium spa? Also do you have any infor on the reptiles at Canopy tour ? katherin

The 9-4 time you mentioned, is this ship time or PV time? I don't know about your ship, but my ship ran on mountain time zone while PV is central timezone. You should call your cruiseline and verify with them.

If you book the canopy for 11am, you won't get done until 3pm (or so) so that would not be enough time to get a massage. Our ship requests the passengers get back on the ship half an hour before it sails, so you should return to the ship by 3:30.

I did the 75 minutes couples massage, but they also have a 40 minute back massage for $28. My best recommendation is to book the canopy for 10am, then book the massage for 2:30. The spa is about a 10 minutes walk from the ship, so if you run out of time, you could always skip the massage.

I am not sure about the reptiles, but they do have a big huge snake (not sure what kind) right on the bar counter. Not a big fan of snake, so didn't get close to it.

If you have to be back by 3, I would try to get on the 10 AM tour to be safe.

We are there last week and had plenty of time to eat and browse the gift shop too but didnt have a scheduled time to be back. We were in PV until 10:30 PM.

I think you would make it but if you dont want any stress getting back at a certain time, try to get to the office before the 10 AM tour or email them and see if you can get on the list.

We were scheduled for the 12 tour but got there early enough to get on the 10 and luckily they had room for our party of 6.

We remember it taking about 3 hours, that includes the trip up and back to the office and the zipline tour and then about a 20 minute bus ride back to the ship.

Hope this helps. jannyb

If you have to be back by 3, I would try to get on the 10 AM tour to be safe.

We are there last week and had plenty of time to eat and browse the gift shop too but didnt have a scheduled time to be back. We were in PV until 10:30 PM.

I think you would make it but if you dont want any stress getting back at a certain time, try to get to the office before the 10 AM tour or email them and see if you can get on the list.

We were scheduled for the 12 tour but got there early enough to get on the 10 and luckily they had room for our party of 6.

We remember it taking about 3 hours, that includes the trip up and back to the office and the zipline tour and then about a 20 minute bus ride back to the ship.

Hope this helps. jannyb

Coming in on the NCL Star and was told when we dock at 9AM and it is really 10AM PV time so we can't make the 10AM tour according to that. :-(

It was absolutely awesome! There is a swimming area with 2 high slides and fabulous food. Try the Langosteno! It is mini lobster. Fabulous. The guy that owns the place is American and a nice guy. The tour can be hard and you best be in somewhat decent shape. It is a once in a lifetime experiance. ~Chris

We completely enjoyed Los Veranos! You can book 30 days in advance. If you do it online, you receive a discount. You can read our review in the link below. Enjoy!!

http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/

Archived