Pre-purchase Cheers....How's it working out?

pmoniz

• 3 weeks later...

My DH and I have purchased it ahead of time and find it great. We walked up to the first bar ordered a drink, they put the sticker on and we kept going. I liked that we could pay for it ahead of time and not worry about having it on our Sail and Sign account.

My DH and I have purchased it ahead of time and find it great. We walked up to the first bar ordered a drink, they put the sticker on and we kept going. I liked that we could pay for it ahead of time and not worry about having it on our Sail and Sign account.

Thanks for the update! So clearly when you ordered your first drink it showed as being prepurchased in the computer? No need to wait in a separate line or place?

This has been some great info. We purchased the Cheers program as a Christmas gift for our daughter and son in law. They are cruising (without kids) over spring break. I told them this is the perfect time to enjoy and not worry about their bar bill.

As others have said around the 6 or 7 mark you are break even. We figured it out like this: A mimosa or bloody mary at breakfast, a cute fruity drink when you return from port, a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and then a few drinks at the shows or piano bar. That is the break even point for a port day. On sea days even if it is just a drink every three hours (9A to midnight) you will break even too.

Can you use Carnival gift cards to pre purchase on line ?

It's kind of a bummer that they don't allow you to use them to pre-purchase Cheers online! We received a few for Christmas and would have loved to use them to do that - but we'll apply them when we get on board!