Feliz Navidad!

chefestelle

Ugh. There's a PS. I have just surfaced from the most evil four days with noro. I'm so pleased it waited til I was safely home, but frankly, I'd rather have food poisoning! At least that's quick. I didn't even think it was possible for a person to sleep twenty five hours almost straight. My sympathies to those who suffer(ed) this at sea!

Ugh. There's a PS. I have just surfaced from the most evil four days with noro. I'm so pleased it waited til I was safely home, but frankly, I'd rather have food poisoning! At least that's quick. I didn't even think it was possible for a person to sleep twenty five hours almost straight. My sympathies to those who suffer(ed) this at sea!

Oh no!:( What a horrible end to your vacation. But at least you made it home first, thank goodness. I remember reading a review a year or so ago where they got hit with the Noro on the flight home.:eek:

Glad you are feeling better now, and Happy New Year.

Yeah, the thought occurred to me many times over the last few days: it could be worse, it could have been on the flight/the cruise/ an excursion. Believe me when I say I'm glad it waited! DD escaped it entirely. Haven't heard from Foggybay. Hoping that crew escaped it too!

Edited by chefestelle

Hi Chefestelle,

I'm so sorry you got the noro bug after the trip! It was quite disconcerting hearing that the cruise had several people down for the count with the announcements from the captain each day. My cruise ended up being quite the bust with a sinus infection--ended up in the infirmary Christmas Eve afternoon and never had another meal outside room service, nor did I get out of bed except to disembark. :( I later read a health report that said 57 cruisers and 10 crew had noro during the trip and now I wonder how many after! Poor you.

Up until then, we had enjoyed the cruise, and I enjoyed reading your review. I was not the lady in the lovely gown...but I did wear all my sparkly gear until I began wearing pajamas. :)

May my next cruise be better!

I know! It reminded me of Monty Python "bring out your dead!" What a terrible thing to be stuck in bed with a sinus infection while the rest of your crew made merry. Better to get it once home. Now DD seems to have contracted it from me. She thinks it was from dinner out last night but I'm mighty suspicious! Glad you got to wear your sparkles, anyway!

Edited by chefestelle