3 Different Dolphin Excursions Which to Pick - Cozumel

wingnt68

Looking for advice. My daughter and I want to do a dolphin excursion in Cozumel but there are 3 different ones that look basically to be the same. Can anyone give me a little input on these.

#1 Dolphin Royal Swim, Buffet Lunch & Beach $189.99

#2 Exclusive Dolphin Swim & Ride VIP Experience $149.99

#3 Dolphin Swim & Ride with Unlimited Food & Drink $129.99

I have read reviews on each of them and what I want is a guarantee that we will get to be pushed in the water by the dolphin. Some of the reviews I have read had stated that some people in there group did and some did not get a chance to do that. I don't mind paying the money but I will be really mad if she doesn't get to be pushed by the dolphin.

Any guidance or advice would be great. Or if you have pictures that would be awesome if you could share them.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

This will likely get pushed to the port of call board, where others with more Cozumel experience may see it. Here is my experience though:

We did a swim and ride at Dolphinaris in Cozumel and got everything we expected. I'm not sure which places your excursions listed go to. Where I think people get confused is they often book a swim, rather than the "swim and ride". The excursions look almost exactly the same, except one specifies you will get to ride, the other does not.

We did the Royal swim, so much fun!!!

Indeed call them and ask for discounts, we received a great discount plus spent some time with manatees, the park is beautiful, have fun and report back when you come back! We are booked in St Kitts this Jan with them again, looking forward to it, one of the coolest things you will ever do!

We did the Royal swim, so much fun!!!

Indeed call them and ask for discounts, we received a great discount plus spent some time with manatees, the park is beautiful, have fun and report back when you come back! We are booked in St Kitts this Jan with them again, looking forward to it, one of the coolest things you will ever do!

Did you book thru the ship or direct?

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking at booking direct through Chankanaab. I am reading really ugly things about the photos at the dolphins, some saying they will charge as much as $600 for a CD, do you mind sharing how much pics were? I really don't care if I have them all, but I do want one good one of the kids with the dolphins. I'd love to have a CD though, and would pay $100 for it if it had a lot of pics, but not $600.

They have a package for $145 with photos included but on our port day they don't have any available times.

Edited by txhawk36

Do not book through the ship. We did the Royal swim last March and it was amazing!! Worth every penny. I booked last December when they ran a special. We actually received the Royal swim cheaper than the others. Allow several hours for this. Our swim was reserved for 12:00. There is a huge difference in what you will be able to do with the dolphins according to which experience you choose. Royal is the best. Not sure I would spend money for anything less after the Royal. Beware, the guides take pictures of your entire movement during the encounter and the picture prices are so HIGH!!!! We didn't buy a single picture b/c of the prices. our age differences varied between 10 - 68. Awesome!! Heading to Mr. Sanchos this March.

How does one get to the park then? I assume there are Taxis at the port?

How much does one of these usually run?

Thanks!!

Yes, lots of taxis will be available both at the terminal and when coming back. The prices depend on which terminal you are at. There are multiple cruise terminals in Coz. There should be several threads on here with prices if you do a search. :)

Edited by Cruise, J.D.