Passport Question

willmanning

So to start with I am a little of a worry wart. I received my passport renewal in the mail the other day, and my eyes are a darker blue than usual. Will this be a problem? Or is it more about the facial recognition. Just a little nervous, never been out of North America. Thanks for any advice.

So to start with I am a little of a worry wart. I received my passport renewal in the mail the other day, and my eyes are a darker blue than usual. Will this be a problem? Or is it more about the facial recognition. Just a little nervous, never been out of North America. Thanks for any advice.

Don't worry about it. In my passport photo, I have a beard which I typically only have in the winter time. Have of my travels, the custom agent doesn't even notice. The other half, they usually make a comment on which look they like better!

• 3 months later...

Here are the passport photo requirements:

Your passport photo must be:

In color

Printed on matte or glossy photo quality paper

2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size

Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (between 25 and 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head. View the Photo Composition Template for more size requirement details.

Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance

Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background

Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera

Taken with a neutral facial expression (preferred) or a natural smile, and with both eyes open

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/photos/photos.html

No where does it say anything about your eyes being darker as long as they are open.

RELAX and enjoy your cruise.

Here are the passport photo requirements:

Your passport photo must be:

In color

Printed on matte or glossy photo quality paper

2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size

Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (between 25 and 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head. View the Photo Composition Template for more size requirement details.

Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance

Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background

Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera

Taken with a neutral facial expression (preferred) or a natural smile, and with both eyes open

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/photos/photos.html

No where does it say anything about your eyes being darker as long as they are open.

RELAX and enjoy your cruise.

This is interesting. Would this imply you should get a new passport every 6 months?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is interesting. Would this imply you should get a new passport every 6 months?!

No since those are the requirements for passport application - not passport validation. Since a passport is good for 10 years in the US (at least for adults) there is already precedent for changes to hair, weight and other features. My passport photo from 2004 showed me with a mostly full head of hair. That changed by the time it needed to be renewed and there was never any questions. And I went many places: China, Australia and Turkey.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I doubt anyone will notice. HOWEVER*** my husband is a "JR" on his passport it is at the end of his name. You must sign all documents, or enter info into kiosks exactly as your passport reads. Be careful if you have hyphenated names, an apostrophe in your name, etc. It will catch any of those. We had an issue coming back thru JFK because he forgot to enter JR. Took us 30 extra minutes to clear customs because of it.

Edited by dancindukes

Perhaps you might want to re-read the info I posted.

What it says is that the photo you send to be used on a new or replacement passport must have been taken within the last 6 months.

My passport is out of date and I never got a renewal notice how much is this gonna cost me:confused:

Sorry, but this made me laugh :D

Just like your driver's license, and many other fees, remembering this is all your responsibility :eek: