ride the wind airboat adventure

xrayvin

Has anyone ever done the Ride the Wind airboat charter? We have a group of 6 that are interested in an airboat ride. I have checked out all the websites to the different places and the Ride the wind is different, you actually charter the boat for 2 hours (or longer if wanted) They take just your group around the everglades. It is about $300 for the two hours and I am wondering if it is worth it or if we get the same idea from the airboat "tours" Anyone ever done it before?:confused:

• 10 months later...

This is so funny...I am searching the threads for Galveston info for our next cruise when I saw this post..mine!! Anyway, I noticed theat no one ever replied to it and I thought I might reply for other people wondering about this adventure.

Ride the Wind was WONDERFUL!!!! It is actually one of the highlights from our vaccation (all 8 agree with this) Parker was our captian and he was full of information and showed us a great time. We had limited time and they allowed us to charter for 2 hours at sunset!! We arrived in FLL at 3pm and headed out to the meeting spot and started our adventure at 4pm. It was amazing and a new experience for all of us. He went slow and showed us things and we saw a ton of allegators and then he took us to this old "camp" area and MO swam over and we were able to see him up close (gator) Parker fed him while we watched and it was really cool. Then he took us to an area that was long and we sped thru, so much fun. The sun started to set and we got great pictures of the sunset over the swamp area and then around 6pm he droped us off again and we headed to our hotel in Miami. I can't say enough great things about this. It was personalized, fun and very interesting. Definatly would do it again, in fact DH and I would like to take our son and do a half day!!

Anyone thinking about this and has a party of 6-8, should do it. It was worth every penny (300 of them)

Archived