RE: What to do after Stonehenge

blrabbit

Maybe not. How young?

There are specimens of just about every diseased and malformed body part you can think of, preserved in glass jars. Above 12 or so might not be a problem but I don't think I'd take a 7 or 8-year old, for example.

All my kids are over 12 ( my daughter is in college studying to be a dentist and my husband is a physician , so they would love it). My nephew will be going and he is 9, but a very sophisticated 9. I will send my sister the link for her to decide.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by brazilgirl

Happymom & Brazilgirl.

Remember this thread is entitled "what to do after Stonehenge" - we've drifted elsewhere & probably won't be seen by folk with no interest in the Stonehenge area.

So you'll probably get a much broader response if you start new threads entitled something like "Road trip, Newbury to Newcastle" and "Day-trip London to Dover".

And mebbe ask on TripAdvisor too.

Just a thought ;)

JB :)

BTW Brazilgirl, you really need a bit more detail from those tour operators, particularly timings through the day - the one you linked is fairly typical in that they try to cram a lot into one day & may give insufficient time at Dover Castle, which needs two hours plus.

You can visit the White Cliffs & the castle in one day by train from London, but you'd need a taxi from the station to a good viewpoint of the cliffs (probably somewhere around St Margaret's Bay), then to the castle. About 20 minutes driving time plus waiting time. Then mebbe arrange with the driver to be collected from the castle at an agreed time & taken back to the train station (about 10 minutes).

Best views of the White Cliffs are from the sea - a ferry or cruise ship or pleasure boat http://www.doverwhiteclifftours.com/70222/info.php?p=8&pno=0

Edited by John Bull

If your kids are Harry Potter fans I highly recommend going to the Warner Bros. Studios just north of London as a day trip. You can get there by train and a shuttle, or by a charter bus. It was a fantastic experience for fans of the movie where you get to walk around inside the set, drink butterbeer, and learn all about the behind the scenes. Older kids and adults will love it just as much a little kids.

British Museum is also a really good choice. I would add in a cruise along the Thames, a trip to see the crown jewels in the tower of london, and a tour of the Globe Theater since your kids will likely know a little or a lot about Shakespeare at the ages you listed.

If you want to read about when/how I did some of these activities before our cruise, check out my travelogues from the trip here

http://72hourstogo.blogspot.com/search/label/British%20Isles%20Field%20Reports

Nice blog ! Thanks for sharing! Really beautiful photos.

John Bull...appreciate all your tips and comments. Very helpful. I posted on TA as well. It is hard to make a decision as there is so much that interests us and so little time! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by brazilgirl