Communicating On Board

smduja

Hi! I will be traveling on the Oasis on April 2 with my 11yo son. Is there a way to communicate on board so we can stay in touch and he can have some freedom? Disney has phones in the cabins that can be used throughout the ship to stay in touch. Any help/suggestions appreciated.

I have been researching this for our cruise on RCI. We previously did a Disney and loved the phones and the Navigator iphone app for texting.

Your best bet on Royal Caribbean is to get the unlimited VOOM internet for two devices. You have a phone and perhaps your son has a phone or iPod. Then you can text all you want using iPhone's Messenger app or an app like WhatsApp (works on all kinds of phones and devices)

Not a cheap route but it is the one we will choose on our cruise. I like to be in touch with my kids.

Good luck.

You directly dial any stateroom number to call the phone in that room. My experience on Voyager and Radiance class ships is that there are plenty of phones in other locations around the ship, so if you're waiting for someone you can at least call to figure out if the person is still in their stateroom or not.

Void star - thank you but I was thinking more of when we are away from the room like if he's on the sports court and I'm by the pool. How in the world could anyone find each other on this ship? ;):eek:

Some people use radios, but they can be spotty. With our kids, we just had them leave a message on the room phone where they would be. If they left one place and went somewhere else, they had to leave a message. As someone else noted, there are phones everywhere, so there was no excuse for not letting us know where they were.