Cave tubing with Tom Greenwood

braves

WOW! What a wonderful excursion. When my teenage son suggested that we go cave tubing, I wasn't sure if that was for me, but in the spirit of family harmony I went with it.

Major Tom ***** runs a first class operation. His website with more information is www.***** . He picked us up right outside the dock with a well marked sign. Tom then wisks you off in a nice van and gives you ice cold bottles of water for the trip. After about an hour ride with nice scenary (part of it is a bit bumpy), you get to the caves. There are bathroom/changing rooms available for before and after your tubing. Tom provides water tight lights (I think they are diving lights), which come in handy. You get a great guided walk through the jungle for about 30 minutes and then embark on your cave tour.

This is where Tom really shines. :) He has been doing this longer than anybody else and knows alot about the caves and the Maya who originally used them. He made your feel like you were really exploring the caves as you slowly drift along. He paints great word pictures of the Maya and then backs it up by showing you all of the interesting formations that the Maya thought were part of the path to the underworld. At the end of the trip, we enjoyed a great lunch of BBQ chicken and veggies. My son couldn't get enough of the food and was asking others if he could have their leftovers!

Tom's son was also on our trip and I have a feeling he will be just as good as his father! We loved the trip, loved the stories and highly recommend him. In fact, I'll be returning on another cruise in December and plan to take my kids, my parents and friends who are cruising with us back to see Tom!

Realized (my first posting!) that I did not include the cruise. We were on the WindSurf in March 2005. Thought about posting since I was booking the excursion for our upcoming holiday cruise (Dec. 2005) on the Norwegian Sun (11 day, now out of Houston) with 8 cabins of family and friends.

Crusing experience: 10 cruises plus 3 live-aboard dive boats

Emerald Seas June 1980

QE 2 October 1989

Big Red Boat June 1993

Carnival Facination April 1997

Sea Princess July 1999

Monarch of the Seas March 2001

Crown Princess July 2001

Adventure of the Seas June 2002

Grand Princess April 2003

WindSurf March 2005

Live-aboards Cuan Law June 2003

Sun Dancer II February 2005

Solmar V July 2005

Realized (my first posting!) that I did not include the cruise. We were on the WindSurf in March 2005. Thought about posting since I was booking the excursion for our upcoming holiday cruise (Dec. 2005) on the Norwegian Sun (11 day, now out of Houston) with 8 cabins of family and friends.

Crusing experience: 10 cruises plus 3 live-aboard dive boats

Emerald Seas June 1980

QE 2 October 1989

Big Red Boat June 1993

Carnival Facination April 1997

Sea Princess July 1999

Monarch of the Seas March 2001

Crown Princess July 2001

Adventure of the Seas June 2002

Grand Princess April 2003

WindSurf March 2005

Live-aboards Cuan Law June 2003