Stingray city only tour without snorkeling

jabrown40

I have been looking for a tour that goes only to Stingray City - my husband and I would prefer not to snorkel, we have done it many times, and many of the private vendors combine Stingray city with snorkeling or the Starfish point. I have swam with dolphins, but never stingrays, so very excited about this! Celebrity has a tour for Stingray city only, and it is desirable because our ship doesn't arrive until 10am, and the excursion is at 1045, minimizing a wait for times at other vendors. A couple of desirable tours were out of the running because of the late arrival time. I'm just wondering how crowded the ship excursion is, and what to do the rest of the day. We will probably be transported back to the ship area, but I would love to go somewhere and have a little lunch overlooking the water. (Not on the ship!) Any suggestions?

We just did the Stingray City only tour through Royal and I didn't think our tour was crowded but their were lots of other tours there. I don't think it took away from our experience with the stingrays though. When we returned to the port area, we took an easy walk to Paradise Restaurant. It is right on the water. The food and drinks are excellent.