Anyone stayed at Extended Stay America hotel

BernardShawn

We are anxious to hear about this hotel too. We have a hold on a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express next door but can change it if we need to. I think the difference between the cost is about $25 but the Holiday Inn will shuttle you to the hotel from the airport and has a free buffett breakfast. We have heard good things about both and the location is excellent to the cruise port. Don't know if I would want to try and walk there with luggage, though. There is lots of traffic and after you enter the terminal area, you could walk a long ways depending on where your ship departs. A taxi would be very inexpensive.

I don't believe they allow you to walk to the pier for security reasons. I could be wrong about that but having been there a couple of times I can say that if they do allow it, it would be a very long walk when you've got luggage and, the taxi fare is really cheap.

Extended Stay America AND Holiday Inn Express "Convention Center" are next door to each other and are BOTH very nice, clean, newer, "budget" hotels. You won't go wrong with either one. Their location is perfect, with many many restaurants, grocery, drug, liquor stores and the water taxi all within easy walking distance.

The ENTRANCE to Port Everglades is a block away, but it's NOT somewhere you want to walk into, and from the entrance it can be a mile or two to get to your ship... Taxis are plentiful, inexpensive, and much more convenient, especially with luggage!

Extended Stay America AND Holiday Inn Express "Convention Center" are next door to each other and are BOTH very nice, clean, newer, "budget" hotels. You won't go wrong with either one. Their location is perfect, with many many restaurants, grocery, drug, liquor stores and the water taxi all within easy walking distance.

The ENTRANCE to Port Everglades is a block away, but it's NOT somewhere you want to walk into, and from the entrance it can be a mile or two to get to your ship... Taxis are plentiful, inexpensive, and much more convenient, especially with luggage!

Thanks everyone for the info. I can't wait, it's my first cruise. :)

My wife and I stayed there for one night in April pre cruise and it is very clean and the staff was very friendly. There are several restaurants that are nearby, we ate dinner just down the street at Outback and visited Eckerd's drug store across the street to pick up a few items that we had forgotten to bring with us. We also went in a grocery store, don't remember which one to pick up something light for breakfast. At the hotel, the front desk clerk called and scheduled a pick up time with a cab for us for the next morning as she said sometimes in the mornings the cab companies get so busy that they don't answer the phone, especially when there are a lot of ships in on the same day. Thought that was a great idea. As Trent said, it is very close to the entrance of the piers, however I would not recommend walking at all. Cab cost me a couple of bucks, maybe $5 or $6 with a tip. I am sure you will have a great trip!

Archived