Lost port !!!!!

Think they've changed it to Marina di Carrera on several dates. They did that on a few occasions last year for the IE too. Possibly something to do with La Spezia being a naval port.

They still don't seem to know sheila ....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

We too have just discovered the lost port; didn't have a clue until I read this post then checked on their website.

It's disgraceful and I've emailed Thomson demanding compensation. One of the main reasons we booked Thomson is because of the port-intensive cruises and having two sea days in a seven day cruise is unacceptable.

If enough of us complain then maybe Thomson may see sense and take some action to either reinstate La Spezia or substitute another port.

The person who originally posted this on FB has now had an email from Thomson confirming Marina di Carrera.

The webpage still shows at sea on day 5.

http://www.thomson.co.uk/cruise/itineraries/Cosmopolitan-Classics-055215

Maybe somebody forgot to tell it about Marina di Carrara ?

I hope the captain of Discovery is in the correct information loop !!!

Edited by WeeCountyMan

Hi.

My wife and I have cruised with Thomson 3 times now and had booked a fourth to the western Med in September this year and were looking forward to visiting Naples, Florence, Pisa etc. A few weeks ago I just happened to visit their website and found that they had removed La Spezia (for Florence/Pisa) from their itinerary. We have not received any notification on this change. I phoned Thomson Help Desk and they didn't know anything about it! They asked if I had received an email. I replied no.

They gave me a number of their cruise change dept but as we were about to fly out for a break in Spain I haven't called them yet as we are not sure what to do. We wanted so much to see Florence and Pisa but feel annoyed that Thomson haven't communicated anything to us. Question is do we wait until they possibly offer this Marina di Carrara substitute or cancel our cruise and go elsewhere and demand our £300 deposit back? As past loyal customers we are really miffed big time. Thanks

Hi,

I am booked on the Discovery in September and after looking at some of the other posts realised that day 5 was another sea day missing out La Spezia. I emailed Thomsons 3 times before I got a reply and they have assured me that we are stopping at Marina Di Carrara which is just up the coast from La Spezia. They told me that the website is incorrect as it still has day 5 as another sea day, but they are unable to fix the website at this time. They said customers would receive emails in due course.

Thank you very much. I managed to message Thomson via FB and have just been informed by them that their website is incorrect and will be corrected in due course. Not sure why it takes so long to tal a few keys lol. They are indeed docking at Marina di Carrera instead. Cheers people. Looking forward to the cruise now.