Horseback Riding

Patty57

Has anyone book horseback riding in St. Martin?

Trip advisor list 2 places Bayside Riding Club Ranch or Lucky Stables

I'm looking for reviews or suggestions for doing this type of tour from Cruise Critic members.

Thanks for your help.

February 2016 is when we will be there.

Edited by Patty57

I have horses and I would seriously reconsider going horseback riding in unfamiliar territory on an unfamiliar horse.

Read this link;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1814398&highlight=horse

Isn't tourists not locals who these horseback excursion companies cater to? I think you have to do your homework but unless you own your own horses isn't choosing a reputable company to take you on a trail or beach ride your only option? We rent the odd time while on vacation but we are city slickers so pretty much anywhere we rent is " unfamiliar territory on an unfamiliar horse ".

Isn't tourists not locals who these horseback excursion companies cater to? I think you have to do your homework but unless you own your own horses isn't choosing a reputable company to take you on a trail or beach ride your only option? We rent the odd time while on vacation but we are city slickers so pretty much anywhere we rent is " unfamiliar territory on an unfamiliar horse ".

I would be more likely to go on a horseback riding excursion in the USA. Accidents are all too common and I would hate to be involved in one on an island somewhere. Horses are large animals and no matter how well trained, can spook, buck, rear or kick at any time. Just my humble opinion.

I would be more likely to go on a horseback riding excursion in the USA. Accidents are all too common and I would hate to be involved in one on an island somewhere. Horses are large animals and no matter how well trained, can spook, buck, rear or kick at any time. Just my humble opinion.

I would agree with that but I would rather be in a car accident or boating accident or have a heart attack in the USA compared to an island as well.