Captains Circle Question

Stacylee

No, but you do qualify for Past Passenger discounts.

Are there really such things as past-passenger discounts? I get all the Captain's Circle mailings, and can almost always find a better price elsewhere. So, too, could anyone looking at their first cruise.

I remember someone telling me long ago, before I found these message boards, that you had to pay through the nose for your first cruise on any line, then you'd get a better price when you went back. Maybe it was my former TA (emphasizing the former). I think today, a first-time passenger on any line can get as good a price as the most seasoned veteran, if they know where to look.

No, but you do qualify for Past Passenger discounts.

Are there really such things as past-passenger discounts? I get all the Captain's Circle mailings, and can almost always find a better price elsewhere. So, too, could anyone looking at their first cruise.

I remember someone telling me long ago, before I found these message boards, that you had to pay through the nose for your first cruise on any line, then you'd get a better price when you went back. Maybe it was my former TA (emphasizing the former). I think today, a first-time passenger on any line can get as good a price as the most seasoned veteran, if they know where to look.

rob, you're probably right about that. They send out mailings to Captain's Circle members with discounts off the brochure price, but they're not usually discounts off of the price you can get through the average TA. Still, past-passenger "discounts" are a "perk" to which past-Carnival cruisers are entitled, so donna5 was correct too.

rob, you're probably right about that. They send out mailings to Captain's Circle members with discounts off the brochure price, but they're not usually discounts off of the price you can get through the average TA. Still, past-passenger "discounts" are a "perk" to which past-Carnival cruisers are entitled, so donna5 was correct too.

We recently took a cruise to the British Isles where they had a captain's circle special which abled us to go from a BB cabin to an AA mini suite (upgraded from an AE guarantee) for less than we originally agreed to pay. So, sometimes it does pay to be a past passenger.

We recently took a cruise to the British Isles where they had a captain's circle special which abled us to go from a BB cabin to an AA mini suite (upgraded from an AE guarantee) for less than we originally agreed to pay. So, sometimes it does pay to be a past passenger.

Yes they do sometimes have special for past passengers, also sometimes they have extra benes such as onboard credit etc. We've gotten mailings recently from Carnival, cunard and costa. Some good prices some not as great a deal. Around Feb-March 2003 we got a mailing from Princess on the Tahitian. We did a back to back on it in a mini one cruise was like $1450 and the other one was $1500. I called back later checking on our prices and was able to get another $50 ded. Lately there has been no great deals.

Archived