cave tubing with Yhony

MeganY

I just went cave tubing last Thursday with Yhony from cave-tubing.com- our group booked ahead online and paid only $45 a person (half of what the cruise ships charge). We had such a great time- the guides were really attentive and friendly. I recommend this excursion to anyone- my 80 year old great aunt went and had the time of her life! I saw such a difference with our guides- they were careful to stay with us and help us along the way (although the trip wasn't strenous they offered to carry tubes for the older guests, etc.) Not to mention, they were hilarious and kept us laughing the whole way. The water was clear and very pretty- I would do this tour again in a hearbeat. Rafael from cave-tubing.com was also really helpful- so you can't go wrong with this company. I highly recommend this excursion through this group- you won't be sorry!:o

Ref: cave-tubing.com

(Off the Carnival Glory on Sept 27th) My in-laws, wife and I got off the tenders and onto the terminals.

Due to several storms, we were told cave tubing is cancelled due to high waters and strong currents.

ALL of the ship's cave tubing tours were cancelled.

Well, we went to Terminal 1 and met Yhony and his crew ... who were waiting for us.

He told us he'd drive us to the location and determine if its open and safe.

(If not, we were ready to chip in for gas).

When we got there, (about an hour later), the place was almost to ourselves.

After a half hour hike, we saw the waters were NOT high ... and the currents NOT strong.

We got to our entry point ... and then had the time of our lives.

(My mother-in-law doesnt know how to swim and she loved it). It was awesome! The caves, formations and even bats!

Yhony, Timmie and Rafael took great care of us ... pointing out many things, joking with us and wanting us to enjoy it all.

After tubing, we had some tasty food (chicken with coconut rice) and beer at "Cheers."

We got back with plenty of time to shop as well.

A total of 8 of us were the envy of the ship, (since all cave tubing tours were cancelled), and for half the price!

Next time we go cave tubing ... we know exactly who to book with.

I highly recommend them. Any questions, dont hesitate to email me.

As Yhony says "Have no fear, cave-tubing.com is here."

http://www.cave-tubing.com/

Email Yhony with reservations ... he'll take payment AFTER the excursion.

Thanks Yhony, Timmie and Rafael

Rob in FL

I have to say, it is very comforting to continually here great things about Yhony. I am booked with him for next week when I am on the Miracle and can hardly wait. He has been so helpful via email, without even doing the excursion, I recommend him solely on the fact that he has answered EVERY question or concern I have had.

Oh, I envy you guys :)

... bring a underwater camera (just because they can get wet)

... bring some Deet (bug repellant) ... ants were nasty

even on the hike we had fun ... they showed us some bats

... I tasted termites (taste like mint)

... We had some sugar cane

you guys will have fun!

My family is looking forward to doing the cave tubing with Yhony. How cold is the water in the caves? My son has a friend who told him it was cold. Just curious, because one member of our group has mild arthritis, and cold water causes elbow pain.

My wife and I are on the Dec 25 Miracle cruise. She has CP, but walks well with a cane. We also have a wheelchair for long distances.

She should not have a problems with the tubing, but we wonder about getting from the vehicle to caves and back.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

It was very warm outside- so I just remember the water feeling refreshing- no one in our group thought it was cold (my aunt has arthritis in her knees). But, you should e-mail Yhony at cave-tubing.com and he can tell you exactly what he anticipates the water temp to be at when you are there- he is the expert! :) I think you will have a great time- and she can even rest her elbows on the tube and never get them wet if she wants.

There is a hike through the jungle- it is not really strenous- but does involve some climbing and slopes that might be difficult to navigate with a cane. E-mail Yhony at cave-tubing.com and see what he thinks- I would hate for your wife to miss this fun adventure. Maybe a private tour can be arranged that would allow her to skip some of the hike? Just a thought. Have fun!

Rojava,

It might be difficult for your wife to make the hike to the starting point along the river. It was a good 45-minute hike, and although it wasn't overly strenous, there were some stairs involved, and at one point we had to "limbo" under a fallen tree limb. Also, it was quite muddy the day we went (it had just rained the day before), and some points of the trail were a little bit slippy - definitely not good for someone with a cane who may be a little unsteady on their feet.

Perhaps you can talk to a private operator to see what they think, but in my personal opinion, I think the hike may be fairly difficult to make.

One other thought - there were a few instances where I needed to push off the walls of the cave with my feet when I got too close. You'd want to make sure she'd be physicallly able to do this. Best of luck to you all!

Javalava - Dh and I went tubing in September, and yes, the water was pretty cold. It wasn't too bad at first, but after a few minutes I developed goosebumps and by the end, I was shivering all over. Then again, I tend to get cold really easily...

We went tubing with Yhony's gang on Tuesday 10/11/05. We came in on the Carnival Glory. The price for tubing if you booked onboard was $93pp. Yhony's website (http://www.cave-tubing.com) takes advance bookings for $45pp. Granted, the ship's tour covers lunch, but for $5 at the tubing site a full lunch is available. Our guides were Timmy, Mr. Vel, Raphael and Junior. This was the most memorable shore excursion ever. We were entertained from the time we met Yhony at the cruise terminal till the time they dropped us off (in plenty of time for the ship). The guides were very upbeat, well-informed and professional. The tour itself was great. On the hike upstream (at an easy pace), we saw all kinds of wildlife and trees. The highlight was the leaf-cutter ants (just like in the cartoons). The trip down the river was great. Never hurried, never boring. We saw exactly what we had hoped and had a great time. I'd recommend this tour to anyone from 8-65 years old, maybe older if you're in good shape. The bus trip home was even fun. we got to laugh at one of the ship's bus tours broken down on the highway. We braced ourselves for the usual tour guides fishing for tips, but it never came. Only a very professional mention from Junior that the price was $45, but if you wanted to leave something for the guides that was more than welcome. I'd suggest handing over $50 to $55 per person. It's money well spent. I can't wait till next time. I'll definitely go again. Thanks guys!

I have booked an excursion in December with Yhonny because of all the great things I have read about cave-tubing.com. However, I am very nervous that we won't get off the ship in time & even more worried that we won't make it back to the ship in time for the 5pm departure. Should I be worried?

We also have booked the cave tubing with Yhony. We will be sailing into Belize on December 14th on Royal Caribbean's Legend of the Seas. In our confirmation e-mail from Yhony, he states that his team will be waiting for us at the terminal between 7am-9am. I've seen questions about Carnival's tendering process, but does anyone know about Royal Caribbean's? Will we be able to get off the ship early enough to make it? How does their process work? We are scheduled to arrive at 7am.

Thanks in advance!

You should have no problem getting off the ship in time- or getting back on the ship in time. We took the first tender out- with the group that had booked through the ship. Just go the night before you get to Belize to the purser's office and let them know you have booked an early tour online and they should accomodate you on the first tender out. And Yhony and his boys are fantastic- we were back by 2:30 so 5pm should be no problema- have fun! :)

This thread is great with information. We are going on RC Legend 1/21/06 and have been trying to decide with whom to schedule cave-tubing with. This sounds like a terrific company to tour with and enough time for the tour and then some shopping afterwards.

I checked out the website and we have a group of 6, which will work out perfect.

For those who travel before...we'd love to hear reviews:) I'll be watching the boards:D

Thanks to all for the information:)

Jen

• 4 weeks later...
Us too - our group of 8 is booked for February - can't wait. Figured we can't go wrong with Yhony based on everything I've read on these boards and his e-mail back and forth!:)

Hi

What day are you there in Feb? We're thinking of booking with Yhony and I think we're there on the same day!

Archived