Staggered check in question

haehaehaley

Does anyone know it Port Canaveral is going to start doing the staggered check in? We cruise in May.

I believe Carnival's Brand Ambassador stated on his social media page that Carnival does plan to expand the staggered embarkation check-in process to other ports in the future, but as far as I know Carnival has only officially announced that the program has expanded from just Galveston to New Orleans starting late January.

https://help.carnival.com/ci/fattach/get/71523/1450792208/redirect/1/filename/Embarkation%20Check-In%20Times.pdf

I believe Carnival's Brand Ambassador stated on his social media page that Carnival does plan to expand the staggered embarkation check-in process to other ports in the future, but as far as I know Carnival has only officially announced that the program has expanded from just Galveston to New Orleans starting late January.

https://help.carnival.com/ci/fattach/get/71523/1450792208/redirect/1/filename/Embarkation%20Check-In%20Times.pdf

Thanks for the info!

It was supposed to expand to PC when the Magic moves there in the spring. They even had the option for selecting a time for Magic sailings from PC when it was first rolled out in Galveston. We're sailing the Magic in August and actually selected a time. Then, due to a programming error, everyone on Magic sailings out of PC had there bookings disappear when they logged in. It stayed that way for two weeks and when they finally got it corrected the option to select a checkin time had disappeared. I imagine they'll be putting it back as soon as they figure out how to get around whatever the programming error was.

Edited by E&B

W

It was supposed to expand to PC when the Magic moves there in the spring. They even had the option for selecting a time for Magic sailings from PC when it was first rolled out in Galveston. We're sailing the Magic in August and actually selected a time. Then, due to a programming error, everyone on Magic sailings out of PC had there bookings disappear when they logged in. It stayed that way for two weeks and when they finally got it corrected the option to select a checkin time had disappeared. I imagine they'll be putting it back as soon as they figure out how to get around whatever the programming error was.

We are sailing the magic too. May 7. I checked to see if there was an option to select on our booking but didn't see it. Think they'll send us any kind of email when it's available to select?

I am sailing on Triumph out of New Orleans April 4. When staggered boarding was expanded to NOLA, I received an e-mail telling me about staggered boarding. Thanks to info on CC, I had checked my booking earlier and was able to choose my boarding time.

I am sailing on Triumph out of New Orleans April 4. When staggered boarding was expanded to NOLA, I received an e-mail telling me about staggered boarding. Thanks to info on CC, I had checked my booking earlier and was able to choose my boarding time.

Where does it show up in the booking to select? I just want to make sure I'm on the lookout for it

• 2 weeks later...

Can you tell me where exactly it is under My Booking? I want to make sure I do not miss it.

Maybe this will help I know it cleared most things up for me after reading it. I just copied and pasted this from the carnival FAQ

Staggered Check-In FAQs

Staggered Check-In has been rolled out to all vessels sailing from Galveston, Texas. Additionally, it will be rolling out to ships sailing from New Orleans, Louisiana and Miami, Florida commencing with the following cruise departures:

New Orleans

Carnival Elation, 1/23/2016 and onwards

Carnival Dream, 1/24/2016 and onwards

Carnival Triumph, 4/04/2016 and onwards

Miami

Carnival Fantasy, 3/04/2016 until 11/04/2016 (repositions to Mobile)

Carnival Breeze, 3/06/2016 until 5/01/2016 (repositions to Galveston)

Carnival Sensation, 3/05/2016 and onwards

Carnival Glory, 3/05/2016 and onwards

Carnival Splendor, 3/20/16 and onwards

Q: Can I check-in online?

A: Yes, to check-in online please go to http://www.carnival.com/Onlinecheckin, enter your booking number, last name, date of birth, ship and sail date to access Online Check-In.

Q: What is the benefit of Online Check-In?

A: Online Check-In will expedite your boarding process at the terminal by enabling you to select a check-in window, complete all required travel information and print your boarding pass ahead of time. On the day of your cruise, all you will need to do is go through a quick document and security check prior to boarding your cruise.

Q: Why must I select a check-in time online?

A: We know that providing a smooth embarkation experience is an important part of getting your vacation off to a great start. By staggering guests’ arrival times, we will be able to streamline our embarkation process and enhance your boarding experience.

Q: When should I arrive at the terminal?

A: You must arrive at the cruise terminal within the 30 minute check-in window you selected. Check-in windows will be strictly enforced so that we can minimize wait times in the terminal.

Guests who are part of our Priority Program (Diamond, Platinum and suites), have purchased transfers with Carnival or 'Faster to the Fun' must still select a window online, but are invited to come at their leisure, up to one (1) hour prior to sailing - please select your anticipated check-in time so that we can prepare for your arrival onboard. Departure times can be found on your boarding pass.

Q: Are check-in times at cabin or guest level?

A: Check-in windows are selected at the cabin level since most guests traveling in the same cabin usually arrive together. So, be sure to consider your travel partners’ arrival when selecting your check-in window.

Q: What do I need to do if I have already completed Online Check-In and printed my boarding pass?

A: Guests who have already completed their Online Check-In must re-visit us at http://www.carnival.com/Onlnecheckin to select their check-in window. If you do not select a window, one will be automatically be assigned to you the morning of your cruise. You will be notified via email and will have the option to print or save your boarding pass to your mobile device. A boarding pass is required to gain access to the terminal.

Q: What happens if I fail to select a check-in window?

A: If you, or anyone in your cabin fails to select a check-in window, one will be automatically assigned to you the morning of your cruise. You will be notified via email and will have the option to print or save your boarding pass to your mobile device. A boarding pass is required to gain access to the terminal.

Q: If I am traveling with other cabins and we have different check-in times, can we still check-in together?

A: Please go back to the On-Line check in tool to select a window that fits everyone’s needs. Otherwise, check-in windows will be strictly enforced and guests will only be allowed in the terminal according to their assigned time.

Q: What happens if I arrive before or after my designated check-in time?

A: Guests who arrive prior to their check-in window will not be permitted to enter the cruise terminal and will be asked to return at their scheduled check-in time. This will be strictly enforced so we can achieve the desired guest experience. Guests who arrive after their designated check-in time will be accommodated.

Q: What happens if my desired check-in window is closed?

A: Check-in windows are capacity controlled in order to achieve the desired guest experience. If your preferred window is closed, please select the next available check-in window.

Q: Can I waitlist for a specific check-in time if the one I prefer is not available?

A: Sorry, you will not be able to waitlist for a specific check-in window. However, windows may reopen at a later time, so, feel free to access your Online Check-In tool again to see if your preferred check-in time has become available.

Q: What is the latest time I can check-in for my cruise?

A: Check-in closes one (1) hour prior to your cruise’s scheduled departure time as displayed on your boarding pass. Arriving after this time may cause you to miss your cruise and no refunds will be given.

Q: When I arrive at the cruise terminal, what travel documents do I need to have in my possession?

A: All guests must present a paper or electronic copy of their boarding pass to enter the cruise terminal. Additionally, they must present proof of citizenship in the form of a WHTI compliant document, a government issued photo ID, and any applicable visas.

Q: Since Carnival offers cruise check-in at the Miami International Airport, if I fly in the day of sailing, can I still take advantage of checking in at this location?

A: Yes! Airport check-in is still available for all guests who fly-into the Miami International Airport. You must still select a window online so that we can prepare for your arrival onboard. Please remember to bring your mobile or printed boarding pass to access the cruise terminal.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3180

Nothing under Your Booking yet for New York City. We r sailing out of NYC in Aug. 2016 and I can't find anything yet on staggered terminal entry times. Only thing I could find was the generic info sheet that said terminal times are 1pm to 3pm. Called PVP and she said that they knew nothing about NYC boarding staggered times yet. Just keep checking ur booking info or get FTTF.