Deposit on Cruise?

kbaker

This is probably a stupid question but I started doubting myself today. After you have paid your deposit is the amount of the cruise locked in? Since we booked our cruise it has went up $400.00 pp. :confused:

Your cruise fare is locked in. Taxes are not, however, if they should increase, you will have to pay the difference. It happened to us several years ago, not a big deal, something like $20 per person, but something to be aware of.

Kbaker - Even if the cruise rate has gone up, you are secure with your original booking amount.

I'm not sure about the taxes thing Kathy mentioned. After booking many cruises, even when the rate has increased, I have never been charged any more taxes than my original amount. You might want to ask your booking agent about that, although it doesn't make sense to me that they can tax you extra for something you don't have.....?

I'm glad you are watching the price. If it goes down you may be able to get a refund before final payment date. But as above you donot pay more then what you agreed to, On my cruise coming up my room went up a total of $1000.00. I did not have to pay that.

My paperwork from the TA said that my fare was subject to change until final payment. I worried about it the whole time and watched my price go up and up. Since it is now paid off in full, I can tell you that the rate I had to pay did not go up.

Kbaker - Even if the cruise rate has gone up, you are secure with your original booking amount.

I'm not sure about the taxes thing Kathy mentioned. After booking many cruises, even when the rate has increased, I have never been charged any more taxes than my original amount. You might want to ask your booking agent about that, although it doesn't make sense to me that they can tax you extra for something you don't have.....?

It probably does not happen very often, but if the taxes go up, you will definitely have to pay the additional tax. It is a government fee and not a set price.

It probably does not happen very often, but if the taxes go up, you will definitely have to pay the additional tax. It is a government fee and not a set price. Don't worry about it much, it was a bit unique when it happened to us. A whole bunch of people got upset, but there was nothing they could do about it.

My paperwork from the TA said that my fare was subject to change until final payment.

:confused: This is contrary to what everyone else is saying. Can anyone explain this? Do you think when they say "subject to change" they mean the TAXES ??

Can someone explain?

Thanks.

Archived