Amber Cove Visa?

leelooandgelf

Hello everyone

We are off on Azura to the Caribbean in November. I noticed that you need a visa to visit Amber Cove in the Dominican Republic. Do we have to get our own visa or will the ship obtain a visa to cover all the passengers on board?

Thanks in advance:)

Hello everyone

We are off on Azura to the Caribbean in November. I noticed that you need a visa to visit Amber Cove in the Dominican Republic. Do we have to get our own visa or will the ship obtain a visa to cover all the passengers on board?

Thanks in advance:)

Hi

Not aware of this, where did you read this info. ?

Martyn

Hello

I have never travelled as far a field as this before so I just googled visas and Dominican Republic came up. There is a website called CBIT Visas. There is a section for P and O Cruises. It mentions Dominican Republic on there. I just need to know if we get them or does the ship obtain one for all the passengers.

Thanks

Hello

I have seen some conflicting information but most of it points to a visa. Others say just a tourist card. It is confusing.

Any information will be grateful appreciated.

Thank you :)

Yes just seen what you have probably read. I will be back long before you go so will be able to give an answer, someone will be on here before that I would think, with an answer.

Martyn

Hi again

Just had a read of the CeBit Visa site and it says:

If you are in transit and are leaving the country on the same calendar day a visa is NOT required. Hope this helps.

Martyn

Hello

Thank you very much for the information.

Hope you have a fantastic time in March.

If you get a minute, when you get back I will still be interested to see what happens at Amber Cove :)

Thank you. When we get back I will let you know on this thread sometime after 20th March.

Regards

Martyn

We've just returned from Azura and didn't need a visa for Amber Cove - enjoy your cruise 😆

We were on Azura's maiden visit to Amber Cove. There was no mention on board about visas, nobody on shore asking for visas, so I'm assuming that visas are not needed.

Possibly different if you are staying in the Dom Republic overnight or longer...