2 Category Upgrade

chrislo

I am currently booked ES in an aft extended balcony. There are only 3 aft extended balcony cabins left for my sailing. I did a price check today and see that the current ES fare is offering onboard credit which for my family would equal $75 and a 2 category upgrade while the price of the cabin stays the same. My guess is that there really isnt anywhere to upgrade us since it says like for like. I wouldnt mind he $75 credit but I dont want to give up my cabin. Does my thinking make sense?

I believe so. The 2 category upgrade could include a "better" location per Carnival, but not neccesarily in your eyes.

We have ext aft which is an 8N on upper deck. Not sure what the category is for a higher floor.

Call your PVP or Carnival and find out what the category is for the remaining aft's. Your booking info on CCL will tell you what category you currently have.

I am currently booked ES in an aft extended balcony. There are only 3 aft extended balcony cabins left for my sailing. I did a price check today and see that the current ES fare is offering onboard credit which for my family would equal $75 and a 2 category upgrade while the price of the cabin stays the same. My guess is that there really isnt anywhere to upgrade us since it says like for like. I wouldnt mind he $75 credit but I dont want to give up my cabin. Does my thinking make sense?

It can't hurt to call and ask. Maybe you can get the onboard credit and keep your cabin.