NOLA Traffic on MLK Day - 1-18-16

2bthereagain

Hello,

We have a 7:15 PM flight out of NOLA after our cruise on 1/18/16. I am wanting to do a tour that begins and ends at Commander's Palace. The tour will run from 2:30 - 4:30. My question.... do you think grabbing a taxi at 4:30pm in front of Commander's will give us enough time to make it to the airport and through security? As a practice, I always try to arrive at airports 2 hours ahead of my boarding time, which in this case would be 4:45pm. So even in a perfect scenario, I am already pushing my comfort level. Is traffic lighter on a MLK holiday? I don't want to end a cruise by being stressed out. Advice please.

Also, is it true that Central Grocery is closed on Mondays? What other closures can we expect in the French Quarter, especially being MLK day?

Lisa

Nashville, TN

Edited by 2bthereagain
added question

Traffic should not be a problem. All of the MLK Day activities are downtown. It is a government holiday, so less traffic than normal.

Just about everything in the French Quarter will be up and running with a few exceptions like Central Grocery.