how to deal with neighbors smoking on balconies

Last year we went on a Celebrity 14 day Mediterranean Cruise. They made the unfortunate decision to place the smoking section on the fifth deck, about 3 decks below our stateroom. We couldn't even sit out on our balcony because of it. Very disappointing. I don't understand why they don't make the smoking deck up on the very top deck, so it doesn't bother anyone.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

You people amaze me!!!

I have never posted on this site because I enjoy reading and learning all I can for my upcoming first cruise on RCL. But, this really has me aggravated!

I have NEVER in my life seen such judgemental people in my life (and I am a member of a Southern Baptist Church!!)! I see where non-smokers think that because they have paid for a balcony, they deserve to be treated like royalty!? I see where smokers who have paid the SAME money to have a balcony being treated like second class citizens!?

Who do you people think you are? Just go on your damn cruise, enjoy the few days that you have on your vacation, and don't worry about a little smoke that will blow away!!

Seriously, if you think that because you don't smoke, that makes you better than those that do? You need a MAJOR reality check!

I saw a comment on here that said something like "a smoker with a consience"? Good Lord people! Grow up!!!!

It's pretty sad that I truly was looking forward to my upcoming cruise until I started reading the posts on this forum!!!

Except there is a rule against smoking on your balcony.

How it is that a smoker is a second class citizen that they must follow the smoking rules just like everyone else?

Seems to me that if you think you can break the rules, then YOU think you are superior and should be allowed to do that.

Are you a smoker? Do you honestly think that people who don't smoke, and are never around it, can't smell it, even in small quantities? And that it's not really annoying? If you demand empathy from non-smokers, you should have some for them, too.

Except there is a rule against smoking on your balcony.

How it is that a smoker is a second class citizen that they must follow the smoking rules just like everyone else?

Did I ever say that breaking the rules was ok? NO! I simply said that you people think that because there is a "rule" that gives you carte blanche to act like your crap doesn't stink! The point was, why are you complaining? If it's a rule, let the people in charge of the rules take care of the rule breakers. It's not your place to do so!

Seems to me that if you think you can break the rules, then YOU think you are superior and should be allowed to do that.

Again, I didn't say that anyone should break the rules. Just saying that you should probably mind your own business for a change!

Are you a smoker? Does it matter? Do you honestly think that people who don't smoke, and are never around it, can't smell it, even in small quantities? Do you wear offensive perfume? Probably! I bet it would piss you off if someone complained to an official if your perfume was offensive! And that it's not really annoying? Complainers annoy me! If you demand empathy from non-smokers, you should have some for them, too.