Linking separately booked rooms to a single account

Rock_Dr

Our children are getting older and this is the first time booking more than one cabin.

I want to book two cabins using an online service that only allows booking one cabin at a time. If I book the two rooms can I link them and manage them together once they show up on Carnival's website?

I assume I cannot book my 18 and 14 year old daughters in a cabin by themselves if I book separately. If I put one with me in one cabin and the other with my wife in the other can I switch them around later?

We normally book directly through Carnival but this method would save about $400.

I don't know about linking through carnival website but I book for my family separately then call the 1800 carnival number and have them link them all together so that I can manage them on the carnival website.

from browsing on here so much i know through guest services when you board you can just keep your kids in one room and your wife and you in another and just get keys redone.

hope this helps some.

I don't know about linking through carnival website but I book for my family separately then call the 1800 carnival number and have them link them all together so that I can manage them on the carnival website.

from browsing on here so much i know through guest services when you board you can just keep your kids in one room and your wife and you in another and just get keys redone.

hope this helps some.

Thanks. That helps.

We had 2 cabins with our 2 daughters in room next door. I just linked them online. When I went in to set up the account online ahead of cruise it will ask which passengers for that credit card. I was able to designate 2 daughters on our credit card. Worked perfect. And that was when there was a third person, a daughters friend, who had there own account in that room too.

I set it up online but double checked statements throughout the cruise to make sure everything was right. I needed their personal info, room number and booking number. Very easy to do.

Our children are getting older and this is the first time booking more than one cabin.

I want to book two cabins using an online service that only allows booking one cabin at a time. If I book the two rooms can I link them and manage them together once they show up on Carnival's website?

I assume I cannot book my 18 and 14 year old daughters in a cabin by themselves if I book separately. If I put one with me in one cabin and the other with my wife in the other can I switch them around later?

We normally book directly through Carnival but this method would save about $400.

You might run into problems trying to make the kids booking separately online since Carnival's minor guest policy has minimum age requirements. If you book the cabins in the same booking, this won't be an issue and the cabins will be "cross referenced" in the system. For this reason your best bet would be to book one adult and one child in each cabin, and then after you have made the 2 bookings, contact the online service to ask that the 2 bookings be manually cross-referenced in the system which will ensure such things as dining together in the dining room.

Cross referencing is not the same thing as adding the kids to your onboard account to give them permission to make charges on your account. If you book each kid in a cabin with an adult you can simply go to guest services once onboard and they will give you 2 room keys to be able to access each other's cabin. You can give the kids permission to be on your onboard account when you do your pre-cruise check-in after you have booking numbers.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2544/~/minor-guest-policy

Edited by winddawn

You can easily add them to your account online. Go to Carnival website under Manage>My booking. Right under the words My Cruse Manager close to top on left of page, see tabs with your booked cruises. There is a tab there to add a booking. You need ship, sail date, confirmation number.

I booked my son (18) and nephew (16) in a separate room with no problem through Carnival.

I'm bummed that I wasn't a little smarter about it though; I would have booked an adult and child in each room so I could have gotten the Cheers Program for just myself. My husband doesn't drink enough to justify the cost for him, so it doesn't make sense for both of us to get it.