Fury catamaran snorkel and beach break

marauder20

first, has anyone done this? how is it?

second, the time on the internary is 830-1230. we don't leave Cozumel until 7pm, is that time correct or is that just a default time for all excursions? if it is the real time, do they just drop you back at the boat at 1230 and you have the rest of the day to yourself?

thanks in advance.

first, has anyone done this? how is it?

second, the time on the internary is 830-1230. we don't leave Cozumel until 7pm, is that time correct or is that just a default time for all excursions? if it is the real time, do they just drop you back at the boat at 1230 and you have the rest of the day to yourself?

thanks in advance.

When are you sailing? I have this excursion booked through NCL for my mid-Feb cruise. I will try to remember to post a review when I get back. I won't be able to help with the time issues, though, because we don't even dock until after 12 pm for that port.

When are you sailing? I have this excursion booked through NCL for my mid-Feb cruise. I will try to remember to post a review when I get back. I won't be able to help with the time issues, though, because we don't even dock until after 12 pm for that port.

not until march, thanks!

Did this 3-4 years ago on family cruise on oasis. Maybe it was the rainy weather the day we were there but next time I would skip it and do mr sanchos. Crowded boat, limited things to see. Definitely could have been just a off day but for me I wouldn't do it again.

• 3 weeks later...

We did this excursion back in March of 2015. I had the BEST time on this excursion. I loved being on the catamaran just out in the ocean sailing the water was beautiful. The boat was very spacious with lots of room. The snorkeling was nothing wonderful but if you don't have expectations and have never been snorkeling before or had a great snorkeling experience you will enjoy it! They carry around food to draw tropical fish in closer so they can get a picture of you with the fish while snorkeling. The staff was absolutely incredible, they went above and beyond to make sure you were enjoying your time, felt safe and were always happy. I was very anxious being out in the water since I am poor swimmer and they took the time to get me in the water and make sure I was okay and felt safe out there. The beach you go to is a lot of fun, great food, drinks and activities in the water. The staff on the beach was just as wonderful. They made sure on the beach and once back on the boat that you were not without a drink. Coming back they turned the music on and everyone was up dancing, drinking and having a great time! They even show you mexican line dances and how to do them. I would 1000% recommend this excursion. So far it has been our very favorite excursion we have done and hope to do it on our cruise next January!

We did this excursion back in March of 2015. I had the BEST time on this excursion. I loved being on the catamaran just out in the ocean sailing the water was beautiful. The boat was very spacious with lots of room. The snorkeling was nothing wonderful but if you don't have expectations and have never been snorkeling before or had a great snorkeling experience you will enjoy it! They carry around food to draw tropical fish in closer so they can get a picture of you with the fish while snorkeling. The staff was absolutely incredible, they went above and beyond to make sure you were enjoying your time, felt safe and were always happy. I was very anxious being out in the water since I am poor swimmer and they took the time to get me in the water and make sure I was okay and felt safe out there. The beach you go to is a lot of fun, great food, drinks and activities in the water. The staff on the beach was just as wonderful. They made sure on the beach and once back on the boat that you were not without a drink. Coming back they turned the music on and everyone was up dancing, drinking and having a great time! They even show you mexican line dances and how to do them. I would 1000% recommend this excursion. So far it has been our very favorite excursion we have done and hope to do it on our cruise next January!

Thanks for all of the info. Glad to hear you had a good time! This excursion is what my daughter is most looking forward to.

A couple of questions:

1. During the snorkeling, did you see any stingrays or really large fish? My daughter is terrified of stingrays and possibly seeing a shark. I tried to explain that there is nothing to be afraid of, but she is still freaked out by the thought of it.

2. Was the food/drink on the beach included? Trying to figure out how much cash I will need take ashore with me.

Thanks!

Thanks for all of the info. Glad to hear you had a good time! This excursion is what my daughter is most looking forward to.

A couple of questions:

1. During the snorkeling, did you see any stingrays or really large fish? My daughter is terrified of stingrays and possibly seeing a shark. I tried to explain that there is nothing to be afraid of, but she is still freaked out by the thought of it.

2. Was the food/drink on the beach included? Trying to figure out how much cash I will need take ashore with me.

Thanks!

1. We did not see much of anything if I am being honest. We saw a few fish that were not very big and that was all. I was terrified of seeing a shark or large fish and as mentioned I am a poor swimmer so thought of not knowing what was around me and not being able to swim well had me totally freaked out. When getting in the water you can either jump off the boat or they lower large stairs into the water that you can use. I used the stairs and did have a small freak out where I froze and couldnt get in the water and once I got in i was pretty freaked out. The guy came right off with a ring and let me hold onto it and stayed with me talking to me and putting my mind at ease. He did a great job and within just a few minutes I felt at ease and went on my own.

2. After snorkeling once you got back on the boat they included water, margaritas, soda and I believe beer and these we also included on the beach and then again on your sail back to the pier. I can't remember how much the food was but I want to say it was inexpensive and large portions to share would be an option depending on how big of an eater you are.

Here is a picture they took of me snorkeling. Before the camera man (also carries fish food to attract the fish to get better pictures) I say just a few fish this size not near as close. Heads up as I was not expecting this when I went under to take the picture there was about 10 of these fish right there in front of my face it startled me at first as I was not expecting it.

11096435_10153257646822990_2688002130561809557_n.jpg.9ba4a8d1559158d409bd276de6f14f23.jpg

1. We did not see much of anything if I am being honest. We saw a few fish that were not very big and that was all. I was terrified of seeing a shark or large fish and as mentioned I am a poor swimmer so thought of not knowing what was around me and not being able to swim well had me totally freaked out. When getting in the water you can either jump off the boat or they lower large stairs into the water that you can use. I used the stairs and did have a small freak out where I froze and couldnt get in the water and once I got in i was pretty freaked out. The guy came right off with a ring and let me hold onto it and stayed with me talking to me and putting my mind at ease. He did a great job and within just a few minutes I felt at ease and went on my own.

2. After snorkeling once you got back on the boat they included water, margaritas, soda and I believe beer and these we also included on the beach and then again on your sail back to the pier. I can't remember how much the food was but I want to say it was inexpensive and large portions to share would be an option depending on how big of an eater you are.

Here is a picture they took of me snorkeling. Before the camera man (also carries fish food to attract the fish to get better pictures) I say just a few fish this size not near as close. Heads up as I was not expecting this when I went under to take the picture there was about 10 of these fish right there in front of my face it startled me at first as I was not expecting it.

[ATTACH]375132[/ATTACH]

Thanks so much for your response and sharing the picture! We are really looking forward this excursion!

• 1 month later...
Should we carry any cash on us for this excursion? Thanks!

a few dollars to tip the crew at the end if you wish and money if you want to buy lunch and/or any trinket type souvenirs on the beach break portion. we were back to the dock by 1230 so lunch wasn't something we looked into.

We have done this excursion twice. The first time the crew was great and the beach was beautiful with a lot of drinks and toys and things to do. The second time the crew was rushing everyone when snorkeling and wanting tips for everything. The beach had been thru a storm so it wasn't as nice. THe inflatables in the water were hard to climb on and float . It was a nice sailing trip both times and the water is beautiful. The snorkeling is easy and good for first timers. Not much to see but small fish but still fun. They did watch yu and take care of you. This time we are touring the ruins. Have fun.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know the name of the beach that the Fury Catamaran goes to? Do they offer umbrellas for shade?

It's their own private beach, called "Fury Beach". I don't remember there being umbrellas, but I also wasn't looking for one.