Playa del Carmen pier shops

lcccbeloeil

I don't think that they have a pier in Playa. We were docked at a rock quarry in Calica, about 4 miles south of Playa. Taxis and tour busses picked us up there and took us to our chosen destinations. There were vendors in tents there in the parking lot that stayed until the ship left, but there are real stores in Playa and at most of the tour stops. Nearly all of them have the same stuff. If you want real bargains go to Playa and try some of the shops several blocks away from the main drag. The prices are lower and they have some neat stuff.

Linda, we stayed in Playa last year, and there are shops down to the pier (where you get the boat to Cozumel) from the main street. We were downtown until 10:00pm and they were still open.

Huck

Thanks, Huck. Clackey, I'm not sure what pier you were on :o), but where our ferry (which I affectionately call the "vomit comet") docked it was a real*pier with lots of shops and some armed soldiers. We had no time to shop because our ship was leaving, but this year we should have a little time to shop after we get back from Xcaret (we booked with the ship, so I hope they won't make us take the next ferry... maybe they'll let us take a later one??). Glad to know the stores are open until 10 p.m.! That might give us a chance to shop.

Thanks,

Linda

Clackey, I apologize if my response looked disrespectful. I didn't mean it to be. I added a smiley using the keyboard and instead of a smile it came out as a red face. And I have no idea how the asterisk got attached to the word real... I don't remember putting it there.

Linda

Archived