Hilton Garden Inn NJ

postie1980

Public bus is fine, but it's New York where a half hour can easily become an hour.

Fair enough!. I checked the bus schedule for around nine and return around 11 pm which is probably what I plan to do. Doesn't get crazy then. Will try to print schedule closer to November. I called the hotel to and they were very helpful. No extra charge for 11 days for parking unlike other hotels that charge after 7 days.

Yes, its called the Lincoln Tunnel. If there is an accident in the Lincoln Tunnel:eek:

During rush hour in the mornings the bus uses the dedicated bus lane, so it usually works out pretty well. Unless a bus breaks down in the bus lane.

The hotel appears to be serviced by bus 167Q. http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T1157.pdf

I found this schedule to be confusing - it appears that the service is limited midday. It might be possible to drive to the Vince Lombardi park/ride to get more regular service. Perhaps someone who lives in this area can comment.

I think the hotel is near column 6 on the schedule. Many of the buses that stop at column 8 have more service, and are more direct. That's where the Teaneck Marriott is, which is a 5 minute drive.

I've never tried the Vince Lombardi park and ride, but that sounds like a possible option too.

Personally, I commute to Manhattan by driving 30 minutes down to the Port Imperial Ferry Terminal in Weehawken. I find that the bus is too crowded; it's often standing room only by the time it gets to the stop near my house during rush hour. I didn't mind standing on the bus when I lived in Hoboken, since the bus would never get past 30 MPH, but I'm not as comfortable standing when travelling 65 MPH down the New Jersey Turnpike.

I think the hotel is near column 6 on the schedule. Many of the buses that stop at column 8 have more service, and are more direct. That's where the Teaneck Marriott is, which is a 5 minute drive.

I've never tried the Vince Lombardi park and ride, but that sounds like a possible option too.

Personally, I commute to Manhattan by driving 30 minutes down to the Port Imperial Ferry Terminal in Weehawken. I find that the bus is too crowded; it's often standing room only by the time it gets to the stop near my house during rush hour. I didn't mind standing on the bus when I lived in Hoboken, since the bus would never get past 30 MPH, but I'm not as comfortable standing when travelling 65 MPH down the New Jersey Turnpike.

Thanks for the feedback. First hand experience is the best!

• 4 months later...

We stayed there on Tuesday night and then did the cruise, park and stay for Wednesday night. The hotel is really nice and clean. Everyone was friendly. Took the bus into Times Square (port authority stop) for 4.50 a person one way. Was pretty easy. Took the same bus back. Made it around the city on the subway :-) just be sure to tell the hotel which cruise port you need to go to. They assumed we were going to Manhattan so that's where the driver brought us but we actually needed Bayonne 😳... All in all it was a good stay!

We stayed there on Tuesday night and then did the cruise, park and stay for Wednesday night. The hotel is really nice and clean. Everyone was friendly. Took the bus into Times Square (port authority stop) for 4.50 a person one way. Was pretty easy. Took the same bus back. Made it around the city on the subway :-) just be sure to tell the hotel which cruise port you need to go to. They assumed we were going to Manhattan so that's where the driver brought us but we actually needed Bayonne 😳... All in all it was a good stay!

Did they actually take you to the Manhattan Cruiseport? I'm sure we never recommended this hotel for Cape Liberty - they are one of the only park cruises for the Manhattan cruiseport. Did you pay extra to go to Bayonne?

Did they actually take you to the Manhattan Cruiseport? I'm sure we never recommended this hotel for Cape Liberty - they are one of the only park cruises for the Manhattan cruiseport. Did you pay extra to go to Bayonne?

I didn't pay anything extra to go to Bayonne... I made reservations through the Hilton website under stay, cruise and park. It didn't say anything about only servicing the Manhattan cruise port. Just said stay park and cruise. I had no idea there was another cruise port besides Bayonne. I'm not from the area... But after he took is to Manhattan, we told him we weren't in the right place and he took us to Bayonne.

I didn't pay anything extra to go to Bayonne... I made reservations through the Hilton website under stay, cruise and park. It didn't say anything about only servicing the Manhattan cruise port. Just said stay park and cruise. I had no idea there was another cruise port besides Bayonne. I'm not from the area... But after he took is to Manhattan, we told him we weren't in the right place and he took us to Bayonne.

Lucky you! Their web site now says Manhattan Cruise Port. I'm sure this has been recently changed because it never mentioned transportation for up to 4 people before. Hope nobody else has prebooked this expecting to go to Cape Liberty or Brooklyn.

"The Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park is just 12 miles from the Manhattan Cruise Port. We conveniently offer complimentary on-site parking for your vehicle for the duration of your cruise and arrange for transportation to the cruise port with the price of your room. Rate is based on number of people per room due to the transportation cost. A breakfast buffet with made to order eggs and omelets is also included for your party of up to four people. "

Lucky you! Their web site now says Manhattan Cruise Port. I'm sure this has been recently changed because it never mentioned transportation for up to 4 people before. Hope nobody else has prebooked this expecting to go to Cape Liberty or Brooklyn.

"The Hilton Garden Inn Ridgefield Park is just 12 miles from the Manhattan Cruise Port. We conveniently offer complimentary on-site parking for your vehicle for the duration of your cruise and arrange for transportation to the cruise port with the price of your room. Rate is based on number of people per room due to the transportation cost. A breakfast buffet with made to order eggs and omelets is also included for your party of up to four people. "

Weird... We also didn't get free breakfast... So they must have changed it.

CheerMom15 How was pick up after the cruise ? That's my fear is having to wait and wait. We have a long ride home and I like to get on the road.

You really need a response from someone who has sailed from Manhattan. CheerMom15 sailed from Cape Liberty so her experience would not accurately reflect the Manhattan experience.

CheerMom15 How was pick up after the cruise ? That's my fear is having to wait and wait. We have a long ride home and I like to get on the road.

We used this hotel for our back to back cruise from 6-21-16 through 6-30-16. Our pick up was scheduled when we checked in. Since we are platinum and are usually off the ship fast, I scheduled the driver for 8am. He was calling by 7:05am saying that he was there waiting. Unfortunately, debarkation was very slow. They forgot to come and get the platinums out of the lounge that they told us to wait in. The self assists were called and they just all of a sudden released zones 1-6.

Our driver called probably 4 times to get an update. He was out there driving around in circles. We finally got off the ship at 9:30. Its just really hard to give an exact time because you never know how fast things will be. As we were driving out of the city back towards New Jersey, there was a bad wreck and traffic was backed up for miles. Our driver said that it was a good thing that he came early or he could have been stuck sitting in that mess. The whole thing is hard to time between the ship and the traffic there.

They give you a card for the car service so you can call them directly if you need to adjust your time. I hate that we made him wait so long, but I was happy that he was right there when we finally got off the ship.