Question about buying liquor.

RumpunchGirl

You can buy a bottle of liquor no matter what type of cabin you are in. You can order before your cruise or on board. The cost includes 3 mixers and 3 garnishes. Call NCL now if you want to pre purchase or wait until you board, your choice. I think you might save a few dollars if you purchase in advance.

Sailing in 7 days! So excited! My question, on NCL can you buy bottles of liquor for your cabin if your in a suite?

Garden Villas and Owners Suites come with a choice of liquor gratis. In lower grade suites such as penthouses or spa suites, you receive sparkling wine in your cabin. You may order a bar set up for any cabin level by calling NCL prior to sailing. The set up comes with mixers and garnishes. You can figure that depending on what kind of liquor you order your set up will run in the range of approximately $100 per bottle. If you wait to order until you are on the ship you will have to pay a $7.95 delivery fee and a 18% gratuity, so you are much better off ordering it ahead of time. Have a great trip!:)

If you wait to order until you are on the ship you will have to pay a $7.95 delivery fee and a 18% gratuity, so you are much better off ordering it ahead of time.
You can buy a bottle directly from most bars on board and avoid the $7.95 room service charge. At this point, the 18% may be unavoidable, whether you order in advance or on board (call NCL to find out).

Here's another question, DH was wondering if we can purchase mixers on board such as triplesec and sweet and sour. Anyone know? If those are not available, can your bring that type of non-alcoholic beverage on board? He makes awesome Long Islands.

Here's another question, DH was wondering if we can purchase mixers on board such as triplesec and sweet and sour. Anyone know? If those are not available, can your bring that type of non-alcoholic beverage on board? He makes awesome Long Islands.

We actually brought a cooler onboad the breakaway recently ,,Cans of Coke, Gatorade, bottled waters, even olive juice for dirty martinis!

As far as I understand it, Triple Sec isn't a mixer, it's a liqueur, and is not nonalcoholic.

My bad, I was mostly talking about the sweet and sour. If possible, I would rather just purchase those things. We're in an OS, so we get 3 bottles of liquor, but not sure if NCL has triplesec or sweet and sour. Just thought some of you very knowledgeble CCers might know. Thanks!

My bad, I was mostly talking about the sweet and sour. If possible, I would rather just purchase those things. We're in an OS, so we get 3 bottles of liquor, but not sure if NCL has triplesec or sweet and sour. Just thought some of you very knowledgeble CCers might know. Thanks!

We were in a suite on the Gem last year, we had no problem getting sweet and sour mix from our butler. He kept us well stocked.

Maryanne

If there is sweet and sour at the bars, you can get some. We have asked the butler for pina colada mix and have gotten a small carton of it like the bar tenders have. Triple sec you may have to pay for. If you just need a small amount, you will probably get it free. We asked for a small amount of vermouth for martinis in the OS and said we'd be happy to pay for some. We were brought a small glass full full for free and stored it in an empty water bottle in the fridge.

How many liters of liquor would one adult male need for a 10 day cruise?

My calculations have it at 2 in order to maintain enough liquor to last each evening and then supplement with a long island iced tea as needed. We'll need to not drink much at the pool or during breakfast and try to keep it towards the night.

We were on the Star in the Garden Villa in September. Your butler will bring you the sour mixer. With respect to triple sec we asked and received Grand Marnier (an orange liqueur).

Butler will bring just about anything else you need for LIT. Ours kept us stocked with strawberries, limes, cranberry juice and sodas. We also got margarita mixer and he brought us a blender. We ended up making strawberry and banana daquiris. :)

Carrie

Edited by cml4958

DH called NCL this evening. He was told that the sweet and sour was no problem, just ask the butler. He was able to purchase a bottle of Triple Sec and it will be in our room upon arrival. They will just add it to our on board account. No biggie since we have $300 obc. He's a happy man tonight! Leaving tomorrow for NOLA! WOOHOO!!!