Alleged Smuggling on Cruise Ship

LLM

This happened here yesterday. I was just curious if this happens often or not.

Alleged Smuggling on Cruise Ship

October 5, 2005

RCMP have caught six people in St. John's who were allegedly trying to get into Canada illegally. Police say yesterday six Asians attempted to get off the cruise ship 'Star Princess' using illegal passports. RCMP say it appears the three men and three women were posing as Korean passengers aboard the cruise ship. Police say one man, who was acting as an interpreter, has been charged with five counts of aiding and abetting and one count of entering Canada illegally. The other five people are being held under Immigration Detention. RCMP say the incident is similar to an incident in Halifax on September 20th. Four Chinese Nationals posing as Koreans attempted to leave the cruise ship 'Constellation'.

Lisa

Hey fellow Newfoundlander, I am originally from Gander Bay, NF but living in Fort McMurray, Alberta. I heard the same story from my Mom tonight.

Hi! Did you see Rex on Canadian Idol? Congrats on the wedding.

Lisa

Hi LLM.

How are you. I can hardly wait to see if the Evening Telegram has anything in it about this story.

Just got back from the Mariner 3 weeks ago. Went crazy and had the Royal Suite booked. What a way to travel. Going to be hard to beat this trip. Heather came with us and we also did one week WDW right after the cruise.

Hope all is well with you? How is school going??????

Hi Wendy!

I'm so glad that you enjoyed the Mariner. It is a beautiful ship. I bet that the Royal Suite was fantastic! Did Heather have a good time? So, do you have your next cruise in mind?

School is going really well. I am in my fourth semester. Time goes by so quickly! We are going on the Freedom as soon as I graduate!

Lisa

LLM:

Heather had a great time. She was so amazed at how big the ship was. She made it to the top of the rock climbing wall and was tickled pink at the chance to figure skate on it. She wants to go on another cruise.

Currently looking at a cruise for either April or August of 2006. Got a real good price from Princess for April. Not sure what we are going to do yet..

As far as Sexy Rexy is concerned has anybody heard that he is dating Melissa? Seems like neither one of them will confirm or deny it.

I love his song on the radio he did a great job on the remake. Wishing him continued success.

Archived