Questions about a charter cruise.

gapearl

Hey y'all!

There's a charter cruise I'm thinking of booking and only have less than 2 weeks to decide before the price goes up or even sells out (already 2/3 full and it's not until November :eek:). I've never booked a cruise that was a complete charter and I know they vary according to the company, but I still have a few questions.

Is embarkation normal or is it modified by the charter company? Is there a such thing as platinum priority embarkation on a charter?

Will I get credit of the days sailed towards my VIFP?

Is dining still the same as far as early, late, and any time or might that be altered as well?

If you've ever booked a charter solo and been matched with a roommate, how was that experience for you?

What else is just different on a charter that I can expect? The ship is the Fantasy. Thanks! :)

Otherwise really depends on the chartering company.

Usually they have a website that you can see the itinerary and find out if they are doing something unique.

Some will leave the embarkation port later than others, but boarding is usually the same.

Yes, it will count as just like a regular cruise and you will get the same perks.

With the room matching the ones I have done had a website/message board where the people booked could chat and try to find a roommate, if you are platinum or diamond people will want to room with you to get some of those perks :-)

Dining is also a wildcard. If its a singles cruise they will can rotate so you have a chance to eat with different people or you can choose to dine early or late. That should be listed on their website.

The biggest thing I have noticed on my charters is the entertainment is much nicer because they are serving a niche market. Not sure if you are doing a music charter,singles charter etc..but many charters bring on their own DJ's, comedian's, bands and emcees. The cruise director won't be around much if at all.

I have always had fun on the charters, the big plus it was all adults and people were up all night long lol clubs packed every night and after parties up on deck.

Hopefully if you go it will be a good experience.

Edited by ohiogymrat

We have been embarkation for over an hour and no Platinum access. I think it really depends upon the charter/promoter company wants and needs to do.

You will get your platinum perks and your days count to the VIFP Club.

Dining was where we noticed the biggest differences. We did have an assigned time (late or early) but you could sit whereever you wanted. Many folks meet up and want to sit with new friends, etc. We like having the same wait staff each night so we picked out a table for four and beelined for it when the doors opened each night. We ended up having a couple of gals join us the first night and they ate with us just about every night.

Entertainment: We did a couple of music cruises. The promoter brought all of their own entertainment acts and staff on board. The Host acted as a cruise director of sorts. But every venue and opportunity was filled with their entertainers. We loved it, but don't expect a variety. There was NOT bingo games, pool games, and other regular activities. But the promoter really did have lots of things to do... so it was a great time.

I would not hesitate to book another chartered cruise but I did find they were expensive. Have a great time!