Serenade Aft Balcony

Does anyone know if the doors to an aft balcony on the Serenade of the Seas are sliding doors or not and do they stay open on their own or should I bring the infamous bungee cord :rolleyes: . Perhaps I could just prop it open with something from the room?

We have had cabin 9256 on both the Serenade and the Radiance. They had sliding doors and as far as I know, all aft cabins on the Radiance class ships have sliders. We had to use a chair to prop the door open if we wanted it to stay open, but you lose a lot of the cool air from the cabin when you do that. You will love the aft cabins on the Serenade as well as the rest of the ship...she's beautiful!!

In each of the aft cabins we have enjoyed, the secret was the position of the door handle. One position allows the door to slide, another position lifted the door slightly which prevented it from moving open or closed, and the final position locked the door when closed - as if someone was going to scale the back of the ship and break in to steal my souvenier glasses. Expirement and enjoy.

Archived