Double Decker tour

packard89

My group and I are considering this tour, I've heard good and bad things about it. Has anyone done it recently? I want to know if there are any stops or do they bring you directly back? How long does it last? Price? Etc......

Thanks in advance.

We haven't done this in 2 years but did it several times. The cost the last time was $4 per person. The bus from the ship will drop you off at the central bus station and we caught the DD there. (in previous years you were dropped off about 3 blocks closer to the beach and caught it there) The tour is about 30-40 minutes and you will have a guide who will announce the points of interest around Progreso. I've never seen anyone get on of off the bus except at the station. We always sat on top for a better view but you do have to be alert because there have been places where wires (phone, electric?) were pretty low and we had to duck our heads to avoid them.

It is about 30 to 40 minutes long. Take the tour first and then you can see where things are and sightsee when you get off. The beach is close to both terminals. Just watch to see where you are. It does make a couple of marketing stops to explain a few offerings of food, drinks and massages. We usually go to Marina's on the beach.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

For those of u that has been on this would it be good for kids? I have twins who will be 11 and this is our first cruise so never been here. Anything else you recommend doing with kids? Also can we just do this when we gt there or do we need to book online somewhere?

I have done the dd bus twice, but last year we rode on the bus from the pier and we did not see it any where, the times that we did ride it we saw it. Did the location of if move and if so where is it now located. We will be there next week and would love to do the DD bus again.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
and we did not see it any where, ...Did the location of if move?

Location is the same. Bus arrives around 10 AM, so you won't see it right at first. I speculate this is done to give you an hour of wait time because they want you shopping before the tour bus ride.