Staying (somewhat) Connected?

hlauburn

We are going on the Breeze in March, and as much as I know I should "disconnect", I don't think I'm going to be able to completely!

We have Verizon, but I'd prefer not to get a text and call package if we don't need it. I'm going to add on the social package so I will be able to touch base with family on Facebook messenger, but what's the best way to tell people to reach you if there's an emergency at home?

Thanks!

We plan on using the value plan for $16 on some of our sea days so we can check on my parents. It won't cost too much if you just get it for a couple of days to touch base and make sure everything's ok back home. :)

There's also snapchat and kik that are apps that allow you to text each other. If they're on the social package then you could do that. Just make sure your family has the app and knows how to use it.

My husband needs to work from the cruise, so he's planning to get the highest speed plan that I think is $25/day and then we will either iMessage or Skype if it's supported, or FaceTime since everyone has iPhones. FaceTime audio only doesn't require as much speed so in the past when we couldn't connect with FaceTime we would FaceTime audio and it worked much better.

We are going on the Breeze in March, and as much as I know I should "disconnect", I don't think I'm going to be able to completely!

We have Verizon, but I'd prefer not to get a text and call package if we don't need it. I'm going to add on the social package so I will be able to touch base with family on Facebook messenger, but what's the best way to tell people to reach you if there's an emergency at home?

Thanks!

From Carnival's FAQs Page:

Shore-to-Ship Communication – Emergency Contact Number

We do not offer a direct dialing service to our ships.

The following number is to be used as an emergency contact number for family members not traveling with our guests. In the event of a true emergency, family may contact our call center at 1-800-227-6482 on a 24/7 basis.

Our team will take down the caller's name and contact information and pass it on to our Guest Services team onboard.

Maybe...should work for family, assuming they have FB messenger.

But I was also thinking more for non-family, like the place we're boarding the dog.

If they have a FB account they can do the same.

We are boarding our dogs and will have contact through FB messaging.