Freeport taxi with a small child

InitialD

We're looking at just taking a taxi from Freeport port to Lucaya (as we've done before) however we have a not quite two year old this time. Are there issues with traveling with a small child in the vehicle? What about the Carnival excursions (that basically offer the same thing)? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Legally in most places car seats are not required in taxis. I don't know 100% that this is the case in Bahamas but it certainly is most places. That said there is a world of difference between what is legally required and what is actually safe.

Might be better to see if there your cruise line excursion is done on a bus, which are usually less likely to be in an accident and no one has seat belts anyways.

Otherwise it's a personal choice if you go with a car seat or not.

I'll be in Freeport in the next few weeks with a 3 year old making the exact same trip. We bought a "RideSafer" vest for her. However the sizing doesn't work for 2 years old. My 3 yr old just barely meets the requirements for it.

Whatever you choose... Good luck!!