Navigator ? Cell tower ?

My question goes out to anyone with knowledge of this question for my group sailing at the end of the month.

Does the Navigator have a cell phone tower on her? I heard sometime ago that the Voyager class ships were going to get towers. Even though I really don't want to hear other peoples phones ringing while on vacation. But I guess in case of an emergency it would be good.

Thank you in advance. A friend is worried about leaving her 9 y.o. home with friends for the first time. I have figured out that she can call home from Jamaica and Grand Cayman and Cozumel but un sure about Labadee and the two sea days. And the ship to shore is a wee bit high priced for her.

Thanks again

Arvids

Yes it does! I have Cingular and it worked great, $1.49/minute... And before the anti-cell phone people start whining, I made the calls on it FROM MY CABIN!

Not on the balcony though, right? :p I'm kidding.

But seriously misuse is a bad thing and can be rude to the surrounding passengers.

Archived