Anthem sailing delayed a day

BUgrad

I am on the Anthem now the sail back to NJ was great less rough seas

The cruise director Abe was wonderful in keep all of the passagers up to date with the changes due to the weather

As the captain stated our safety was his first concern

All those on the Anthem was give free wifi for three day to inform those at home and change any travel arrangements. If brought a Wifi package you where give a three day credit back

Those doing back to back where're give also other credits

Royal really cares about Their customers and really made bad situation quite good

sailnjmom49

We just returned from the sailing that was delayed 1 day & had a complete itinerary change from Western to Eastern Caribbean. We received a $200 OBC which was not at all a fair compensation. They rated it according to "per cabin", instead of how many paying passengers was in each cabin We had 3 in our cabin and we paid much more per day than $200. The cruise before us got free internet for 3 days to make arrangements, etc. and when I asked Guest Services if we were getting free internet for at least 2 days to be able to cancel excursions and other pre-booked plans that we had made for the Western itinerary, and to also make other arrangements for the new ports, I was told NO. We just reached Diamond status this cruise and have always been very happy with RCCL, but was very disappointed in how they handled everything from not communicating with most of the passengers prior to the cruise, choosing to not go to any Western Caribbean ports, and the weak compensation. We were actually in route when I received a call from RCCL, doing a poll to see if we preferred doing Eastern, or Western minus Labadee and Jamaica & adding Nassau. I chose Western because we would still be at least be doing 3 Western ports that we had booked in the first place. We have been to all of the Eastern ports and only book cruises that include ports that we have never been to, that is why we booked the Western cruise. I feel on top of our OBC for the lost day,and the huge disappointment for all of the passengers not getting to go where they booked, RCCL should at least offer 25% off passengers next cruise, if we would want to reschedule the same Western itinerary.

We just returned from the sailing that was delayed 1 day & had a complete itinerary change from Western to Eastern Caribbean. We received a $200 OBC which was not at all a fair compensation. They rated it according to "per cabin", instead of how many paying passengers was in each cabin We had 3 in our cabin and we paid much more per day than $200. The cruise before us got free internet for 3 days to make arrangements, etc. and when I asked Guest Services if we were getting free internet for at least 2 days to be able to cancel excursions and other pre-booked plans that we had made for the Western itinerary, and to also make other arrangements for the new ports, I was told NO. We just reached Diamond status this cruise and have always been very happy with RCCL, but was very disappointed in how they handled everything from not communicating with most of the passengers prior to the cruise, choosing to not go to any Western Caribbean ports, and the weak compensation. We were actually in route when I received a call from RCCL, doing a poll to see if we preferred doing Eastern, or Western minus Labadee and Jamaica & adding Nassau. I chose Western because we would still be at least be doing 3 Western ports that we had booked in the first place. We have been to all of the Eastern ports and only book cruises that include ports that we have never been to, that is why we booked the Western cruise. I feel on top of our OBC for the lost day,and the huge disappointment for all of the passengers not getting to go where they booked, RCCL should at least offer 25% off passengers next cruise, if we would want to reschedule the same Western itinerary.

We were on the flip side of this... We were on Grandeur for the extra day stuck doing zigzags. There were a lot of passengers who got seasick. Anthem was given 2 or 3 days free internet and a credit if you purchased internet. We were given 30 minutes internet and if you logged off after 10 mins, in hopes to log back in, you were SOL!! Once you logged out too bad so sad... I asked if I could buy an hour or a day or something and I was told I would have you buy 2 as this is no longer the last night!

I appreciate that they kept our safety and theirs out of harms way... but it really upset us to be receiving info that the same company was treating both ships differently! And they treated both ships differently for those that were embarking a day late.