Myths and Legends 13th April

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have been on this cruise 4 times and have been to Israel independently its fab haven't been to Beirut before think we will book the Thomson excursion as its the 1st day and we arrive quit late the night before will have another look at it in a few weeks .This is a lovely cruise on a brilliant ship with the best staff sure you will enjoy it will let you know what we are going to book in Beirut.xx

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Millie _17 glad to here you've booked this cruise it sounds like the ports should be unusual [emoji2] we are trying to book a trip to Jerusalem & the dead sea with guidedtourslsrael .com but the minimum number for the tour is 6 if your interested .

Hi it's $115 which works out to be around £80 each it's about £35 cheaper then booking on the ship . There is just my & hubby the trip is about 10 hours aswell have a look on there web sit here'd very great reviews about them from trip advisor & on here hope to see you in 5 weeks

NO have booked another holiday on the 13th april so wanted to know if the myths and legend cruise is available at any other time this year

if not then would like info about the other similar cruise thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Did Myths and Legends this month. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

HOWEVER....

Be aware that it ran in reverse - ish.

Day 1 - Limassol.

Day 2 - Haifa (Northern Israel - not originally on the itinerary)

Day 3 - Ashdod

Day 4 - All at sea!

Day 5 - Alanya

Day 6 - Mersin

Day 7 - Limassol

Day 8 - Limassol

It was reversed because of Lebanese bureaucracy - the immigration for Beirut was to blame.

Haifa was included instead of one of the days in Ashdod. This turned out to be a highlight for us - not somewhere we've been before. The day trip to Acre was very interesting.

The Port of Mersin was closed due to weather just before we were due to leave. We eventually left about 6 hours late.

Because the immigration routine for Beirut was going to be 3 or 4 hours, by the time we would have arrived and cleared the formalities it would be time to leave, so we didn't bother.

Apparently there was nowhere else interesting with a berth available so we went back to Limassol for the last night.

We enjoyed ourselves anyway, and one cannot blame Thomson Cruises for the weather or Lebanese bureaucracy. I do admit to being a bit disappointed, though.

When the itinerary ran in November they didn't get to Beirut either.

Just posted this as a warning.

You may want to find out the terms and conditions of your 3rd party operator trip in case this happens again and you need to re-schedule at short notice!

Edited by The Collapsing Hrung

Had been going to book this trip as particularly interested in visiting Beirut. However I cannot find any days when they actually did dock there so I'm going to give it a miss. On the brighter side, we have used Guided tours Israel before and they were fabulous so you'll have a great time with them.