Just back from 130/16 Fascination cruise

shelbird

Returned to Jacksonville this morning and here are some quick thoughts.[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

Although we usually sail Celebrity some friends suggested a quick getaway on the Fascination and Jacksonville being only a two hour drive from home we agreed.

We decided to splurge and get a grand suite with an extended balcony. What a fabulous room! We thoroughly enjoyed the balcony with the exception on one afternoon when our next door neighbors and their friends sat our and smoked nonstop for hours! I tried calling guest serviced but their line was constantly busy. When I finally reached them they promised it would be taken care of ASAP and it must have been as their were no infractions after that.

That being said, evidently there were many rule breakers aboard as the corridors on floor 6 smelled strongly of smoke.

The priority embarkation was great and we were on the Lido by noon eating lunch. I found the offerings to be mediocre at best. Since I love stir fry I headed to the Mongolian Wok. The food was delicious but evidently didn't agree with me.......at all. The pizza was very good and I am fussy about pizza. DH had a Panini almost daily and pronounced it great!

We purchased the Cheers package and enjoyed the ease of using it worry free. Unfortunately we didn't come near to the daily maximum or should I say fortunately?

Our room steward, Anna, and her assistant Royce took excellent care of us throughout the cruise. She said they serviced 25 rooms. Wow!

Something I'd like to mention here is that this ship is COLD!!! Bring along a sweatshirt or sweater for the dining room but all areas are extremely cool especially staterooms. I asked for an extra blanket and it was perfect. Another thing to note is that suites have tubs with sides of about 24 inches and it made it difficult for me to exit and enter the shower/tub.

We enjoyed any time dining and the service was the best ever! I have never seen a happier and more pleasant crew. I loved being thanked by name by all servers and bartenders as well as our cabin crew.

Although I didn't love the MDR meals I found enough to eat where I surely didn't starve. I thought tables were awfully close together and we were constantly being jostled by others being seated. Fixed dining would not have experienced that problem

I really enjoyed the dancing and singing in the MDR which surprised me as I had thought it would be intrusive when I first heard about it.

Debarkation was a breeze. We did self assist and were on the road by 9:00 and home by 11:00. I would not hesitate to sail Carnival again.[/font]