Magic....or the Splendor

rhenzejr

we are looking at western cruises next feb......haven't cruised carnival, and the 2 we selected were the Magic and the Splendor..the only difference being the Splendor goes to the Cayman Islands and the Magic goes to Costa Maya....what I am basically asking is the differences in the ships

Op, the Magic is a larger ship with more amenities. Both ships are going into dry dock this year. The Magic will have more 2.0 upgrades than the Splendor. The Splendor is slotted to head to the Asian market.

Are you traveling with kiddos? More activities for them on the Magic (rope climb, water slide, etc) Also more specialty restaurants.

Just got off the Splendor last sunday! My husband and I booked the cruise cause of the ports. The Splendor is my least favorite ship so far…..old and very pink!!! It has an awkward set up to get from floor to floor!!! No 2.0 upgrade, old menu so I would go with the newer Magic. I have sailed on the Dream and twice on the Glory before sailing the Splendor!!!

I love both ships to be honest. Like a previous poster said, the layout on the splendor is a little tricky at first but you manage to figure it out. It will be going into dry dock in March and getting updated. I love the magic, I was just on that ship in December and there is so much to do. i have the splendor booked in September, it will be my third time on it. One of my favorite things about the splendor is that if you have bad weather on your trip there is a retractable roof over the main pool/dive in theater. It makes it easy to freely move around when they weather is not perfect. When we were on the magic it rained badly and we either had to run under posts to stay dry or find another way around on the top decks. If it's only a matter of ports you really can't go wrong. I hope you enjoy whichever one you choose.

You can ask a 100 people and they all have their own opinions. I love the Splendor! Was on last March and going on her again in 30 days.

The Magic is set to get all the 2.0 upgrades. I have booked this ship for next Feb.

I would look at cost, consider what you want to do on your cruise, and decide if you would rather go to GC or CM.

Honestly, its win/win for you, because you get to go on a cruise!