Izmir dropped?

letsgo39

Just to clear up some confusion: Prinsendam was scheduled to be in Istanbul on April 1-2. HAL cancelled April 1 in Istanbul and substituted Myrnia (on the island of Lemnos). On April 2, the ship stopped in Istanbul for three or four hours to embark and disembark some crew members and passengers. No passengers were allowed to leave the ship unless it was their final destination. The ship has always been scheduled to stop in Mytilene (on the island of Lesbos) on April 3. The only question remaining is whether the ship will make its scheduled stop in Kusadasi on April 4.

So we now know that HAL (and their parent Carnival) believe Kusadasi to be a safe destination. But does that mean the same for Izmir? All cruise lines EXCEPT Carnival have already cancelled all visits to Izmir for the rest of the year. The ONLY cruise ship planning to call at Izmir this summer is the Vista which is scheduled to make the sixth stop of its maiden voyage in Izmir on May 6. Vista is also scheduled to make 12 other visits to Izmir before it moves to the U.S. in October.

Regarding Kusadasi: A number of cruise lines have already eliminated Kusadasi from their itineraries, but a half-dozen major lines (HAL, Celebrity, Cunard, Windstar, Princess, and RCCL) still have Kusadasi on their schedules.

Edited by zeenut
added information

So we now know that HAL (and their parent Carnival) believe Kusadasi to be a safe destination. But does that mean the same for Izmir? All cruise lines EXCEPT Carnival have already cancelled all visits to Izmir for the rest of the year. The ONLY cruise ship planning to call at Izmir this summer is the Vista which is scheduled to make the sixth stop of its maiden voyage in Izmir on May 6. Vista is also scheduled to make 12 other visits to Izmir before it moves to the U.S. in October.

Regarding Kusadasi: A number of cruise lines have already eliminated Kusadasi from their itineraries, but a half-dozen major lines (HAL, Celebrity, Cunard, Windstar, Princess, and RCCL) still have Kusadasi on their schedules.

I am so confused. Why do we now know that HAL thinks Kusadasi is ok?! They didn't stop there yet, did they?! I can't keep up.

I am so confused. Why do we now know that HAL thinks Kusadasi is ok?! They didn't stop there yet, did they?! I can't keep up.

Because the Prinsendam is steaming 12 knots on a course straight for Kusadasi unless she suddenly changes course for Samos, Greece.

Maybe they reroute the Vista to Kusadasi but it is interesting, some tour operators seem to have been told that Vista may not be porting in Turkey...and have asked to hold off on paying deposits currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Zionstorm

After HAL essentially canceled the Prinsendam's overnight stay in Istanbul on April 1-2, there has been a lot of speculation that the Kusadasi stop might also be scrubbed. But the Prinsendam has now arrived in Kusadasi on the morning of 4 April, thus suggesting that HAL concludes that this is a safe destination.

Maybe they reroute the Vista to Kusadasi but it is interesting, some tour operators seem to have been told that Vista may not be porting in Turkey...and have asked to hold off on paying deposits currently.

Maybe this is just a rumor to stir up conversation online or just to get people to cancel and book directly with Carnival. Just me and my conspiracy mode of thinking.

Carnival is still selling shore excursions for Izmir. The two ports are not far apart. About 60 miles if driving.

Maybe this is just a rumor to stir up conversation online or just to get people to cancel and book directly with Carnival. Just me and my conspiracy mode of thinking.

It has crossed my mind that some people thinking of cancelling may be hoping Carnival changes the itinerary. If Carnival announces a change, they may be able to cancel the cruise without penalty.

Eventually we will all know sooner than later, no matter what but for the time being, this conversation is good way to pass the time. Haha

True! Full conspiracy mode me thinks Carnival would continue to sell excursions for Izmir up to the point of them announcing that they are canceling the stop. OBC is what the customer is willing to accept for sure. Money in their pockets regardless.

Nonetheless, tomorrow we'll know more about what happens regarding the HAL ship's stop.

It is tomorrow there - about 7:20am, the ship is only a few miles from Kusadasi and scheduled to be at the port at 8am.

Cool! Looks like it's a go for Kusadasi. I'm glad for that indeed. Looking forward to my visit to Izmir on the 6th of May.

Eventually we will all know sooner than later, no matter what but for the time being, this conversation is good way to pass the time. Haha

Very true! I'm learning so much from following the different threads here on C.C. and doing research. Very interesting. I have to say with all this I'm feeling so much more "worldly" these days. ;)

So happy they were able to make the call in Kusadasi! :)

Just read that Turkey's Nationalist Leader is fuming at the U.S. for security warnings on Turkey...

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/nationalist-leader-fumes-at-us-for-security-warnings-on-turkey.aspx?pageID=238&nID=97236&NewsCatID=338

Prisendam schedule:

31-Mar-16 18:00 01-Apr-16 14:00 At Sea

01-Apr-16 14:00 02-Apr-16 16:00 Istanbul, Turkey 793

02-Apr-16 16:00 03-Apr-16 10:00 At Sea

03-Apr-16 10:00 03-Apr-16 18:00 Mytilene, Lesvos, Greece 793

03-Apr-16 18:00 04-Apr-16 08:00 At Sea

04-Apr-16 08:00 04-Apr-16 23:00 Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey 793

04-Apr-16 23:00 06-Apr-16 08:00 At Sea

06-Apr-16 08:00 06-Apr-16 16:00 Katakolon, Greece 793

06-Apr-16 16:00 07-Apr-16 08:00 At Sea

07-Apr-16 08:00 07-Apr-16 18:00 Corfu, Greece 2493 Costa neoRiviera

07-Apr-16 18:00 08-Apr-16 08:00 At Sea

08-Apr-16 08:00 08-Apr-16 17:00 Durres, Albania 793

08-Apr-16 17:00 09-Apr-16 08:00 At Sea

09-Apr-16 08:00 09-Apr-16 17:00 Kotor, Montenegro 793

09-Apr-16 17:00 11-Apr-16 08:00 At Sea

11-Apr-16 08:00 12-Apr-16 13:00 Venice, Italy 793

Prinsendam was docking at Kusadasi

Date Port Load Ships in port

01-Apr-16

02-Apr-16

03-Apr-16

04-Apr-16 793 Prinsendam

05-Apr-16

06-Apr-16

07-Apr-16

08-Apr-16

09-Apr-16

10-Apr-16

11-Apr-16

12-Apr-16

13-Apr-16

14-Apr-16

15-Apr-16

16-Apr-16

17-Apr-16

18-Apr-16

19-Apr-16

20-Apr-16

21-Apr-16

22-Apr-16 2650 Koningsdam

23-Apr-16 1848 Oosterdam

24-Apr-16

25-Apr-16

26-Apr-16 684 Nautica

27-Apr-16

28-Apr-16 940 Crystal Symphony

29-Apr-16

30-Apr-16 684 Nautica

That was Kusadasi

here is Izmir for April.... not sure some of these have not been cancelled. check tomorrow:

Date Port Load Ships in port

01-Apr-16

02-Apr-16

03-Apr-16 1356 Costa neoRomantica

04-Apr-16

05-Apr-16 2518 MSC Magnifica

06-Apr-16

07-Apr-16

08-Apr-16

09-Apr-16

10-Apr-16

11-Apr-16

12-Apr-16 2518 MSC Magnifica

13-Apr-16

14-Apr-16

15-Apr-16

16-Apr-16

17-Apr-16

18-Apr-16 1356 Costa neoRomantica

19-Apr-16 2518 MSC Magnifica

20-Apr-16

21-Apr-16

22-Apr-16

23-Apr-16

24-Apr-16

25-Apr-16

26-Apr-16 2518 MSC Magnifica

27-Apr-16

28-Apr-16

29-Apr-16

30-Apr-16

Costa NeoR has definitely been cancelled, on way to Gilbralter now.

MSC magnifica just leaving Venice on way to Bari, then Izmir

Vista is scheduled to Izmir on May 6, 22, 25, June 19, 22, July 17, 20, August- none, Sept 11, 14, Oct 9, 12.

Thanks to my brother "leavingOcalaagain' for all the great information

"Letsgo"..It looks to me like MSC cancelled Izmir. Been tracking and they are not there today but in Mykonos. I know they weren't there yesterday and it says the next port is Piraeus. I couldn't find Izmir listed as a port on the future cruises either. Anybody care to check my work? I'm just kinda winging it here.

"Zion"..I really do like this sea scanner link!

Edited by Lil2Angelic

"Letsgo"..It looks to me like MSC cancelled Izmir. Been tracking and they are not there today but in Mykonos. I know they weren't there yesterday and it says the next port is Piraeus. I couldn't find Izmir listed as a port on the future cruises either. Anybody care to check my work? I'm just kinda winging it here.

"Zion"..I really do like this sea scanner link!

All major cruise lines EXCEPT Carnival have already cancelled all visits to Izmir for the rest of the year. The ONLY large cruise ship planning to call at Izmir this summer is the Carnival Vista which is scheduled to spend the sixth day of its maiden voyage in Izmir on May 6. Vista is also scheduled to make 12 other visits to Izmir before it moves to the U.S. in October.

Regarding nearby Kusadasi (which is a much more popular stop for Ephesus): A number of cruise lines have already eliminated Kusadasi from their itineraries, but a half-dozen other major lines (HAL, Celebrity, Cunard, Windstar, Princess, and RCCL) still have Kusadasi on their schedules. The next scheduled calls at Kusadasi are the new HAL Koningsdam during its maiden voyage on 19 April and the HAL Oosterdam on 23 April. Twelve ships are scheduled to make a total of 21 stops in Kusadasi in May.

All major cruise lines EXCEPT Carnival have already cancelled all visits to Izmir for the rest of the year. The ONLY large cruise ship planning to call at Izmir this summer is the Carnival Vista which is scheduled to spend the sixth day of its maiden voyage in Izmir on May 6. Vista is also scheduled to make 12 other visits to Izmir before it moves to the U.S. in October.

Regarding nearby Kusadasi (which is a much more popular stop for Ephesus): A number of cruise lines have already eliminated Kusadasi from their itineraries, but a half-dozen other major lines (HAL, Celebrity, Cunard, Windstar, Princess, and RCCL) still have Kusadasi on their schedules. The next scheduled calls at Kusadasi are the new HAL Koningsdam during its maiden voyage on 19 April and the HAL Oosterdam on 23 April. Twelve ships are scheduled to make a total of 21 stops in Kusadasi in May.

Thank you "Zeenut" for the clear concise info!..Also just got confirmation from someone on the MSC forum that they did pull out.

I really hope Carnival Cancel Izmir go to another port or sea day.