Izmir dropped?

letsgo39

THIS.

Great minds, Amy :cool: I just said something on our roll call to the same effect. If they indeed only add a port on the day we were supposed to call on Izmir than it is still a win/win for all as those who wanted a sea day can treat it as such and those who want off the boat can do so. If they do any other maneuvering of ports, I will NOT be so happy.

Totally agree. With a party of 4, I have hundreds spent on tickets - Vatican, hydrofoil, etc. That would be an absolute disaster for me.

I doubt Carnival would shuffle ports around - it would be a disaster for them, also. First the port would have to be available on a different day and all of the shore excursions would have to change for them, too.

They could use one of the other sea days for a new port, also.

Wow, very interesting! So, just to be clear, he responded saying that they are REPLACING the cancelled port on the first voyages? Including May and June?

Honestly, unexpected turn of events.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Totally agree. With a party of 4, I have hundreds spent on tickets - Vatican, hydrofoil, etc. That would be an absolute disaster for me.

I feel many are the same way. I doubt port days will be shuffled but potentially Sea Days swapped. Like someone else mentioned.

Although, just replacing the port on the day Izmir was scheduled seems the most obvious.

He indicated later that currently the May 14th cruise won't have a replacement port.

Where did you see that? The May cruises could be too soon, but possibly the June cruises will be replaced?

Where did you see that? The May cruises could be too soon, but possibly the June cruises will be replaced?

John Heald FB page. Someone later specifically asked about the May 14 cruise.

I think it depends on what the new port is. Some cruise itineraries might not be close enough to add. If the new port is in Albania or Montenegro and a cruise doesn't already have Dubrovnik as a port, it might not be possible.

Of course, I'm just speculating (but not about the May 14 cruise).

I think it depends on what the new port is. Some cruise itineraries might not be close enough to add. If the new port is in Albania or Montenegro and a cruise doesn't already have Dubrovnik as a port, it might not be possible.

I can not even find the original post now. I did see another with someone asking about May but no response.

On the Maiden voyage here! We leave Trieste and have a sea day the next day. This late in the game, I doubt we'd get the new itinerary. But if Albania or Montenegro were added in lieu of that day 2 being a sea day, that would be fine. We get our non-EU stop taken care of to hush the VAT issue.

On the Maiden voyage here! We leave Trieste and have a sea day the next day. This late in the game, I doubt we'd get the new itinerary. But if Albania or Montenegro were added in lieu of that day 2 being a sea day, that would be fine. We get our non-EU stop taken care of to hush the VAT issue.

It's buried in 100s of comment on the site that will not be named, but someone mentioned May cruises would not be on the new itinerary. Although, that is in no way a confirmation and I can't find the comment now although I for sure read that.

He said today or tomorrow. So maybe we will know something soon.

It's buried in 100s of comment on the site that will not be named, but someone mentioned May cruises would not be on the new itinerary. Although, that is in no way a confirmation and I can't find the comment now although I for sure read that.

He said today or tomorrow. So maybe we will know something soon.

Just got an official email on the inaugural we're adding Kotor, Montenego on May 4 from 7-4 shifting Athens to May 5 from 7-9

Edited by Iluvtocruise01

Just an official email on the inaugural we're adding Kotor, Montenego on May 4 from 7-4 shifting Athens to May 5 from 7-9

Awesome! Very good to hear! That should take care of VAT issue as well, correct?

Edited by Zionstorm

Yep, just got the email. Kotor it is! So excited! Have to do some juggling around of things like tour in Athens and couples' spa that we had booked once Izmir was cancelled. But hey, I'll take this itinerary change each and every time!

Looks like the ms Eurodam will also be in port in Kotor that day. 1,850 passengers on the Eurodam plus 4,000 on Vista is going to make for one super busy and crowded day in that little port! I'm surprised they were able to swing it in Kotor. I had figured that it would have been in Albania so they wouldn't have had to make any switch to the itinerary. Still happy about it though!

Yes, I understand that. I'm just confused by Heald's comment since the lady who asked the question is on the inaugural. I'm curious if this will be extended to other sailings affected by the Izmir drop.

Oh, I have no idea. Seems like if they could make a change to the May 1st sailing, especially this close to sail date. They definitely have some time to pull strings on the others.

Oh, I have no idea. Seems like if they could make a change to the May 1st sailing, especially this close to sail date. They definitely have some time to pull strings on the others.

The problem is this: In order to avoid the VAT tax, the ship has to find a port in a non-EU country. And the only possible non-EU countries (other than Turkey) are in the Adriatic Sea. The May 1 inaugural voyage is the only trip that includes the Adriatic Sea. All of the other Vista sailings do not go north of Malta or Crete. In other words: The non-EU Ports in Montenegro and Albania are too far north to be included on any of the other 17 Mediterranean itineraries. The best that could be done for the other Vista sailings is to substitute a stop at another Greek Island (Mykonos, Santorini, Crete or Malta).

The problem is this: In order to avoid the VAT tax, the ship has to find a port in a non-EU country. And the only possible non-EU countries (other than Turkey) are in the Adriatic Sea. The May 1 inaugural voyage is the only trip that includes the Adriatic Sea. All of the other Vista sailings do not go north of Malta or Crete. In other words: The non-EU Ports in Montenegro and Albania are too far north to be included on any of the other 17 Mediterranean itineraries. The best that could be done for the other Vista sailings is to substitute a stop at another Greek Island (Mykonos, Santorini, Crete or Malta).

Agreed, and pretty much what I said somewhere else as well.

Actually, if you map it out, we could leave Athens, go to Rhodes, have a day at sea, go to Montenegro, then Sicily. That would work logistically. I'm hoping that they do this. I'm on the May 24th and keeping fingers crossed!