Portafino's vs. Chops .............

They're both fabulous. After boarding the ship, check out both menus and see which appeals to you more. By the way, after having the Mississippi Mud Pie in Chops, my DH was dying to have it again. A few nights later we had dinner at Portofino. I asked the waiter if DH could get the dessert from the other restaurant and he was happy to comply. Unbelieveable service!!

You'll enjoy either one no matter which one you choose. In fact, try both like we did!

I liked Chops a little more.The service and food were incredible.I mentioned to the maitre'd how much I liked the mud pie and when I got to my cabin later that night there was a piece waiting for me.They also opened for lunch one day.

Any night better than others to go? What level is it on? Last ship we ate in the "pay for it" dining room I got really seasick because the dining room was practically as high as the funnel and we were really swaying up that high!

I always said I would NEVER pay a surcharge to dine in a specialty restaurant. On our Enchantment cruise back in July we relented and decided to give Chops a try. Without a doubt the best Filet Mignon I've ever had. Service was top notch. Had a table for two next to the window over looking the ocean. Had such a great experience we booked again the next night. My opinion has been changed and I look forward to Chops being added to Grandeur after she has her refurbishment. Grandeur has become our favorite ship. :D

Archived