Msc boarding time in Barcelona

Kesdee

We stayed overnight in Barcelona the night before and our boarding time said 4pm. We were able to get on for about 1:30pm and we were also Fantastica.

We got a taxi from the hotel to the port this was approx 15EUR however I did read a taxi was around 40EUR from the airport.

Well it depends on what time the ship is due to arrive. Not trying to be smart here, but Barcelona is not usually the main embarkation port (but often is for Irish and American passengers) and I've been on cruises where it didn't arrive until late morning or even 13.00.. So rocking up in the morning would not do you any good, if the ship had yet to dock - so check the arrival time.

It is usual to be able to get on a few hours earlier than the official time though.

We went in September and arrived that morning as well. We went straight to the port from the airport. We could not board, but they were able to take our luggage. I believe we boarded about 1pm or so. We visited the Ramblas and had a light breakfast in between.

We stayed in Barcelona the night before and were fortunate that we didn't have to check out of our hotel until noon. So after a couple of hours exploring la Rambla and the Gothic Quarter we collected our luggage and caught the port bus from the Columbus Statue and were at the ship by about 12:45 Although our embarkation time was 3pm, as it was quiet we were allowed straight on, so were on board by about 1pm. The ship was lovely and quiet to have lunch and look around as Barcelona was not the main embarkation port, and most people get off to explore the city.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I embarked in Barcelona last year on Fantasia. The cruise I was on (7 day Med Barcelona return) had people embarking and disembarking at about 5 different ports during the seven days, so they start to put people on not long after the boat arrives (as it is only a % of the passengers getting off and on, not everyone, so not a large change over).

I just got back on Friday. Our flight got into Barcelona at 9.45am. We had a coffee and then made our own way to the ship (Aerobus and T3 port bus). We arrived at the ship at 12 and got on immediately and were having lunch by 12.30. Our cabin wasn't ready till 1 but it didn't matter to us.

Thanks all. FYI, we boarded last Friday. Got taxi from airport (€39). Arrived at terminal just before 11 and we were given a number. Boarding opened @11am, and we were called by number order. We were on board by 11.30.

Thanks for all your comments.