Port Canveral

astrofan4ever

We will be a large group flying in the same day of the cruise. Right now we plan to use the carnival shuttle to get to the port. My question is, would it be possible to catch a cab after we arrive at the port to take us to Wal-Mart or the ABC store to buy some wine and cokes? and if so does anyone know what that round trip would cost?

You could, but you may not have enough time. The one road between Orlando and the port can shut down if there's traffic. And you have to allow time to get luggage and check in at the port. What time does your flight land and your cruise leave?

We will be a large group flying in the same day of the cruise. Right now we plan to use the carnival shuttle to get to the port. My question is, would it be possible to catch a cab after we arrive at the port to take us to Wal-Mart or the ABC store to buy some wine and cokes? and if so does anyone know what that round trip would cost?

Very easy to do assuming only one or two will jump in the cab otherwise you need a much larger vehicle which may/may not be readily available.

888-transport is the taxi company with services waiting at the port. However, on cruise mornings they are very busy so I would pre-book the cab based on your port arrival time.

The closest/largest grocery/ABC is just south of the port about 15 minutes away depending on traffic.

If it was me I would get a private van from Orlando instead of the cruiseline bus. You will save money and can arrange the extra stops without taking cabs!

Please look at the map here where the cruise terminals (you will be at CT6 or 10?) and services such as liquor stores are clearly marked.

Thanks steeragejoe! can you recommend any private van service?

Here is a list of companies we see often on the road between Orlando and Port Canaveral and most are popular here on Cruisecritic.

If you have a large party (say 12 or more people), I suggest you start with Mears, Travelynx Stylus and AA Access because they have experience with large group transfers. Mears has a desk at the airport (next to Carnival) which is great to assist your group in case of issues.

Uber - Getting more popular and the feedback continues to be positive. UberBLACK can do curbside pickups at the airport. UberXL can pick up nearby.

Cocoa Beach Shuttle – based near Port Canaveral. The “go to” shuttle for many cruisers. Also offer scheduled shared shuttles. Preferred by many Canaveral hotels for port and airport transfers.

Executive VIP Limousine – based near Port Canaveral. Many good reviews on the internet.

Happy Limousine – Recommended by some Disney travel agencies

Mears Shuttle – With a desk at Orlando Airport ensuring personal service. Operates the Disney and Carnival transfer buses.

Groundlink – A nation-wide value-add service trusted by many travelers. Also has exclusive agreements with some cruise lines. Often more expensive but you can trust the service.

Travelynx Stylus – A large company with a good reputation. The preferred transfer company for many Canaveral hotels. Parent company is based in Orlando.

888-Transportation – based in Cape Canaveral with an exclusive agreement with Port Canaveral, allowing hail services. They have taxis waiting at the cruise terminals.

Cortrans Shuttle – Consistently one of the cheaper shuttles with good reviews. Also offer scheduled shared shuttles. Based in Orlando.

AA Access Transport – One of the most popular shuttles with shared scheduled services and vans of all sizes. Based in Orlando.

FL Tours - Recommended by several Disney Travel Agencies. Based in Orlando

Web links to these companies can be found here.

Edited by SteerageJoe

Rent a van from Orlando and drop it at the port the next day and they will shuttle you to the ship. Thats what we did. Its a straight shot from Orlando to the port. Im sure they rent large SUVs . SOO much cheaper and you can go where you want the night before the cruise. We used Hertz but I know Budget and I think Avis is there also. Call them :D