Ashdod, Israel: Tel Aviv without the shopping

Off doing Myths & Legends on Spirit next month.

Anybody know if the organised trip to Tel Aviv has to have the shopping, as that's our idea of hell-on-earth?

We would like to see some of the more interesting areas of the city, like the Bauhaus Centre, and take in the city as an interesting Capital city rather than a huge shopping centre next to a beach!

Before anybody says it, we did the Jerusalem / Bethlehem and Masada / Dead Sea trips last time we were there on Majesty a couple of years ago! They were pricey but I would have recommended them - looking at the prices now I'm a little less sure!

Hi

I have been to Tel Aviv while being on the Spirit 3 times and we have caught the bus from Ashdod to Tel Aviv and then returned on the train and then done our own thing whilst there .I would have a look on here and find places of interest to visit of course you could always take a taxi I have a taxi contact in Ashdod if you want it have a great time I am on this cruise in April .

Hi I have just looked on a site I have used in Jerusalem that offer free walking tours in Tel Aviv they are called Sanderson New.Europe tours they are run by students are free and leave the clock tower in old town Jaffa at 11am daily .When I used them in Jerusalem and they were very good we gave them a tip at the end of the tour .I think the walking tour lasts 2 hours if you need any further info let me know .