Conquest 11-27 - How Cold Will It Be?

Rowan555

My kids are so excited about the waterslide and the pools, but I'm not sure if it will be too cold the first two sea days to swim. Should it be warm once we get closer to our destination - perhaps by the second sea day? We're in New Orleans and it already feels too cold to swim here - so I just don't want them to get their hopes up in case it will be too chilly to get in the water.

NO Galveston-until further notice

IMPORTANT CRUISE ALERT

Until further notice, beginning on Saturday, September 10, 2005, the Carnival Cruise Line ship Elation will replace the cruise ship Ecstasy on 4- and 5-day cruises from the Port of Galveston. On September 11, 2005, Carnival's Conquest will replace the Elation on 7-day cruises leaving the Port of Galveston every Sunday.

Our two Sensation cruises out of New Orleans were cancelled, so we decided to make the drive to Galveston for the Conquest. October 2006 the Sensation will be back in New Orleans, but no word on if/when the Conquest will return.

Thanks. We went to Costa Maya and Cozumel this past January, and it was COLD in Costa Maya - we went to the beach and didn't even get in the water. The next day it was much warmer, though, and someone said it was cooler than normal. I'm sort of wishing I had booked the cruise for this month, but after Katrina - both the evacuating and the having a cruise cancelled, I went for a date at the END of hurricane season. Shell shocked, I guess :-) I just hope we'll have a great time - we need some FUN right now!

NO Galveston-until further notice

According to my TA, the "Conquest" will be homeported in Galveston from now on. In the future, a new ship [possibly the "Freedom"] will make NOLA its homeport

The main reason I booked the Conquest was my thought that perhaps it would not return to New Orleans. We love the ship and wanted to experience it one more time, even if that entails a 7 hour drive :-)

That being said, if we get the Freedom in New Orleans I will be ELATED. I hope that's they way things work out.

As a longtime resident of the greater Houston area and a past multiple cruiser from Galveston as well as the Conquest from New Orleans I feel I can assure you that in late November the weather in Galveston could be anywhere between the 30's and wet to the 80's and sunny. :) That is just the nature of our part of the Gulf coast.

The good news is that is is very unusual for a front to push very far into the Gulf of Mexico at this time. You should be 200 miles or more into the Gulf when you wake up the first morning. Temperatures will most likely be just fine for the kids to swim and slide.

Ofcourse we all know what fools we can make of ourselves when we try to predict the weather. :)

Best of luck to you and have a great cruise!

Here it is the middle of October and the Texas Gulf coast could use a little cool weather. We had a cold front and it lasted all of 2 days. It's high 80's and humid.

Last February we were in Costa Maya and it was mid 80's and beautiful swimming.

So guess you just can't predict.

Archived