Atlantis Halloween cruise?

Kashagi

Hi guys,

Anyone know any details if there is going to be a Halloween cruise this year from California.

Nothing posted on there site as yet.

Wondering if anyone knew of any details yet. I know they used a different ship last year, so would be interesting to see what they may have planned.

Hoping it will go on sale to general public soon if there is one.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I am still waiting for this to be released to the the general public.

Atlantis emailed me mid Feb and said it would be on sale within a month.

Does anyone know if the Atlantis Mexican cruises usually sell out pretty fast?

I think it is on the westerdam which is maybe a bit smaller, so less capacity I guess.

Really want to book asap :)

I am still waiting for this to be released to the the general public.

Atlantis emailed me mid Feb and said it would be on sale within a month.

Does anyone know if the Atlantis Mexican cruises usually sell out pretty fast?

I think it is on the westerdam which is maybe a bit smaller, so less capacity I guess.

Really want to book asap :)

It only sell out fast in the cheapest inside and most expensive categories like suites. It has not gone on sale to the general public as of yet. However, those that were on last year's cruise had a chance to book while on board for the Oct 29-Nov 5th 2016 cruise. From what I can tell most of the cheapest inside are already sold out. But don't desperate there are plenty of pricier inside/outside/balcony and even suites available. I would assume it should go on sale in mid to late April. Most people book 3-6 mos out so you shouldn't be too worried now. Just keep checking the Atlantis website and once it's listed you can call Atlantis and book.

Wow... this is going to be VERY interesting for Cabo San Lucas!!

Groove Cruise San Diego is leaving on Friday, October 28th bound for an overnight stay in Cabo San Lucas. The ship will be in port on October 30th at Noon, overnight to 3PM on October 31st. If the itinerary is right, Cabo is going to be one hopping place on Halloween day as BOTH Atlantis and Groove Cruise are going to be there. Now that's going to be super interesting! :D

What time is Atlantis expecting to arrive on 10/31?

• 2 weeks later...

I was on last year's Halloween Cruise and am going again this year. As someone that booked early as an alumni, I got a lower cost room at a little under 1300.00 total for myself, double occupancy.

For some reason, unbeknownst to me, the sale is not available to the general public yet. Considering that it's only 6 months away, it really should be on sale to the public now. Atlantis is running late on opening it up and they haven't returned my email for comment as of yet (it's been several weeks).

To my knowledge: These type cruises are paid by guests in 3 installments (per person 1-deposit of 500 upon booking, 2-second payment of 300$ six months before cruise, 3-balance due three months before cruise). By the time it goes on sale to the public, you'll likely have to pay the deposit plus 2nd payment, which is a lot all at once (for most people.). Someone else mentioned that lower and higher cost are first to fill up. This is accurate. You might still be able to get in at around 1350 per person once it goes public.

Last year, the cruise sold out but not until close to cruise time, only a few weeks beforehand. Last year it was also open to the public longer, at least 10 months ahead of cruise date. This year, there will be about 500 less guests (if it sells out) because Rotterdam is smaller in rooms vs last year's Norwegian Jewel. 1900 guests this year vs 2400 guests last year.

The cruise was incredible. If you can afford it, I look forward to seeing you all aboard.

Atlantis is desperately trying to sell the Anthem of the Seas cruise. It's still not sold out and I don't think it will. There's still a lot of space in the middle category balconies. I think they're waiting until that sails to announce any other cruises. Not sure what type of hit they're going to take on that one either. :cool:

I was hoping the Halloween Atlantis voyage would link up with Groove Cruise - not be concurrent with it but oh well. That has been the case lately so if you like EDM music Groove Cruise is definitely the way to go. If you go for the parties and themes, GC is pretty awesome for a straight but friendly cruise experience. After being on GC, I really hope Atlantis steps up their game with their parties. RSVP is the more subdued line and usually does HAL which is why I was surprised by Atlantis using them.

Good point about the Anthem cruise. I have a friend going on that one. I join the speculation that that probably is the reason they're holding out on announcing Halloween. A 4200-4900 guest ship (Anthem Cruise) is hard to sell to a special interest group and Atlantis probably paid a good price to charter. Halloween is in the cruising "off season," so the rate to charter is probably less cost in general as the cruise line wouldn't be sailing a sold out ship anyway left to their own sales.

Also, for the Anthem Cruise, Royal Caribbean is one of the more expensive mass lines so you know Rich fronted a pretty penny.

Otherwise, Atlantis has been doing well with sell outs lately on the last 3 cruises at least. In their email distro list, they've been teasing the general public, saying an announcement re Halloween cruise is coming soon... Ok, it's been weeks, Atlantis, announce it already. Those of us whom are analysts by nature/nurture and watch the trends know something is going on. Atlantis keeps saying, it's coming it's coming... This had better be good, Atlantis. I expect nothing less than last year and 20% more!

I know nothing of the Groove Cruise charters but what is mentioned here. I might be speaking too soon as I didn't copy the online itinerary, but there will probably be no "link up" as Groove Cruise would be seen as a similar product and competition albeit a predominantly straight crowd. Atlantis don't want them eating their market share or even to take that risk. I only make a certain amount of money a year. If I go on a GC, that's money I'm not spending with Atlantis. And what happens if I like GC and want to go again? Atlantis bought RSVP, they don't want any gay dollars competition. They want to be the Titan provider of gaycations and the ports of call are already gay friendly.

I know nothing of the Groove Cruise charters but what is mentioned here. I might be speaking too soon as I didn't copy the online itinerary, but there will probably be no "link up" as Groove Cruise would be seen as a similar product and competition albeit a predominantly straight crowd. Atlantis don't want them eating their market share or even to take that risk. I only make a certain amount of money a year. If I go on a GC, that's money I'm not spending with Atlantis. And what happens if I like GC and want to go again? Atlantis bought RSVP, they don't want any gay dollars competition. They want to be the Titan provider of gaycations and the ports of call are already gay friendly.

In 2014 Atlantis actually had the Princess ship for their West Coast charter right after Groove Cruise got off (the embark was messed up due to GC taking longer to get off). The music venues were exactly the same, only the DJs brought on by Atlantis were not big names in the regular EDM world. In January 2015 when GC came back, the Atlantis charter to the Caribbean was leaving the same day out of FLL. Different ship but you could get there with no issues. This year Atlantis has been running them at the same time, with some talented people who used to do both charters (production crew) being forced to choose between the two charters. I don't expect them to link up and don't see GC taking much of the Atlantis people although the amount of gay guys on GC is growing. There's a ton booked for Groove Cruise Cabo this October. Quite excited to see those numbers growing in other social media platforms! Groove Cruise is really a party scene, Atlantis is a gay version but not as music non-stop as GC and RSVP is just sedate in comparison to GC.

I really wonder what the thought process is behind the waiting for the Halloween cruise. Does Rich have the $ to float to do these charters down the road if this one on the Anthem does horribly? :cool:

Interestingly enough, today (SATURDAY), Atlantis sent an email to its loyalty base (alumni). Here are the deets: Only Alumni allowed to book, until May 10. On May 10, the cruise goes public. Rooms available start at $829 at this moment in time. If you need Atlantis to help you find a roommate, the lowest is $1019. On top of that, gents, you'll have your port fees and pre-paid tips ($379) to factor into the costs. Again, the sale is exclusive to loyalty customers first, right now - so if you're coming this year and you're not an alum, you need to be ready as soon as possible if you want to snag a lower cost after May 10. Some of these prices I mentioned may even sell out before releasing to the public. ...The high end cabins are around $2,200 double occ. with the highest tier sold out.

Thanks for all of the information on the Groove Cruise. My loyalty will probably lean to Atlantis as I've made friends with some of the alumni and Atlantis gives you goodies and trinkets during the cruise. Getting back together each year is like a reunion. ...And it's just fun to, for once, be with all gay guys. I'm from a Midwest place so there isn't a lot of "family" around as obvious as in other places. Some of those guys last Halloween were complete animals, staying up dancing the morning away. I never thought a party cruise could really outdo Atlantis, much less this Groove Cruise. The lights and lasers were really spot on last Halloween. RSVP has a reputation of =older crowd. About Atlantis, someone else pointed out in a posting online that it's really 2 cruises in 1. You have the events and shows that people are going to within the ship (older crowd and less party-centric)and you have the party boys on the dance floor outside on the lido deck, hot tubs, pools, steam rooms, and all over randomly doing who knows what. (Wink).

Not sure how much capital Rich has to "play with," but I'm sure he's covered. In 2014 on the Golden Princess Halloween Cruise, he had opted to refund an amount to all guests ($500?) because it was gross from the air or ventilation system breaking down, a cost absorbed and split 50/50 between Princess and Atlantis.

I think Rich might be able to make some of the money back up in auxiliary services like Bingo, or anything charged extra for, and maybe adult beverages. But I can't say because I don't know what the agreement is.

On the RCC website, there's a sample table of what it costs to charter their ships depending on if it's on peak or off peak in the season. You just have to look for it. The Anthem cruise had to at least cost 10 million to charter, I'm thinking. ...also might keep in mind that the more wealthy go on these cruises too and that might help offset the costs of those of us whom can't afford to be high roller status yet.

I really hope Atlantis is doing well financially. Like the film companies have insurance if a film tanks, maybe Rich has insurance if he takes a loss for a cruise. The last few Atlantis ones have sold out, which is a good thing, so that money could be used to help offset losses. Not sure if a charter needs to sell out to be profitable or if it's just preferable, of course. We may never know. [emoji53][emoji846]

Interesting... I'm an Atlantis alumni and didn't receive the email. That likely had something to do with changing emails and Atlantis not changing them using their constant contact database. I'm just looking for the dates and time the ship will be in Cabo. It seems like there's going to be some overlap with GC. If there is, boy oh boy what fun that will be! :D:eek::D

Atlantis does have two subsets... I was in the party boy subset but would still manage four hours of sleep and see the ports too. However, by day 4 I would pooped. By day 4 on GC, you're disembarking so there's no worries on sleeping at that point. Just sleep on the plane the whole way home! :D

Ah... the memories. Glad to see their Halloween voyage finally going on sale though.

Will I get to meet you on the Halloween cruise, by chance? We're the same age, wink [emoji12][emoji205]

Atlantis is going to a "sandwich" approach this year.

Oct. 29 Sail at 5pm

At Sea

Oct 31 Cabo 10a-5p

Nov 01 PV 12p-2a

Nov 02 Mztn 12a-7p

At Sea

Nov 05 return to SD, CA

Do you see a GC ...overlap (no pun intended)?

Will I get to meet you on the Halloween cruise, by chance? We're the same age, wink [emoji12][emoji205]

Atlantis is going to a "sandwich" approach this year.

Oct. 29 Sail at 5pm

At Sea

Oct 31 Cabo 10a-5p

Nov 01 PV 12p-2a

Nov 02 Mztn 12a-7p

At Sea

Nov 05 return to SD, CA

Do you see a GC ...overlap (no pun intended)?

Yes there is an overlap. Halloween Day we will be in port together! :) We are overnighting in Cabo. GCCABO arrives at Noon on 10/30 and departs at 3PM on 10/31 so far as I remember. So there will be a few hour overlap where Cabo will be taken over by party people. Wonder if Cabo will be ready for all of us? :D