To be assigned suite on the Grand Princess

CanadianMAG

I have only been on HAL and do not know how to compare their cruise line with Princess.

Anyway, it seems Princess cruises has the only 2 cruises left in the area we want to go to in April. The problem is all the suites are "garuantee" suites or to be assigned. Can anyone explain how that works for the suites and if it is recomended. I know for the other classes it is possbibily a good thing because you could get an upgrade or a crappy thing because you will get the room with the worse view! But I am not sure how princess works with their suites..

Also how is the Grand Princess?

Thanks for your help

The only potential downside I can think of is the location of the suite. The PH's are located midship port and starboard on Caribe, there are two Grand suites up on Lido deck, and the remaining PS and VS are located with an aft-view in the stern. Size-wise they are all fairly similar inside, with the exception of GS suites, but there are some differences in balcony size with the stern suites.

We've sailed 4 times on Grand Princess and think she was in her best shape the last time we were on her. She's a little plain in the atrium area compared to her younger sisters.

Archived