Holding luggage in San Juan

Richard

I posted this question on the ports board but will ask it again here. Does anyone know where I can store luggage before our flight. Our plane leaves San Juan at 4:15 PM and we will be off the Golden before 10 AM. Anyplace that will hold our bags for us. The airport is the pitts so I don't want to spend too much time waiting there. How early will the airline [American] accept our bags for a 4:15 PM flight? Suggestions please.

I posted this question on the ports board but will ask it again here. Does anyone know where I can store luggage before our flight. Our plane leaves San Juan at 4:15 PM and we will be off the Golden before 10 AM. Anyplace that will hold our bags for us. The airport is the pitts so I don't want to spend too much time waiting there. How early will the airline [American] accept our bags for a 4:15 PM flight? Suggestions please.

i just spoke to an AA executive platinum agent she said you can check in at the pier and they take your luggage there ,

What date do you go off the ship ?

i just spoke to an AA executive platinum agent she said you can check in at the pier and they take your luggage there ,

What date do you go off the ship ?

wanderingjew

We get off on Decemebr 3 and have a 4:15PM flight to JFK on American

Richard

Richard -

You could try:

http://www.audioguiapr.com/

for luggage storage in San Juan. This is what we are planning to do in Jan. We have a 6:15 p.m. flight - beats waiting at the airport and although more expensive, it is more convenient than Barachina's which will store luggage for a small ($5.00) tip - then you have to wheel the luggage around the corner to a taxi stand to catch a cab to the airport.

Audio Guia's rates are as follows - got a speedy response via e-mail as listed on the website:

$3.00 large sized bags

$2.00 medium bags

$1.00 backpacks or up to 2 small bags

Liqueur box, camers, gifts free of charge

Transportation Old San Juan to Airport ---- $18.00 up to four people.

Location is right across the street from pier 4 and from Sheraton Old San Juan. It is my understanding that the Golden will be at pier 4 - E after Oct. 29. If this is the case, I don't believe you can check your luggage at the pier since it is not the Pan Am pier. But, you can just wheel your luggage across the street for storage and return for your ride back to the airport.

Hope this helps!

Kaye

Richard, a couple of years ago we were in the same situation - flight was later in the day. We stored our luggage at Barrachina's, address: 104 Calle Cristo, Old San Juan. You can store your luggage there and the fee is only a tip (I gave $1 per bag). Barrachina's is also a restaurant - they serve local food and good pina coladas.

Hi Richard!

I hope this information was of help. We have reserved with Audio Guia for Jan. 21 - which is San Sebastion Festival. We were there this past year (Jan. 2005) at the same time and found the crowds overwhelming to wheel luggage (it's hard enough on the cobblestone without the crowds)- just like Mardi Gras in New Orleans used to be. If you decide to use this service let us know how you liked it, O.K.? larrykaysim@aol.com

Another option that we did last year was: after disembarkation there were numerous taxi/vans waiting at the Pan Am Pier. We took one that explained what the tour consisted of - A visit to the capital building, a fort, a tour of OSJ, an hour stop for shopping, a tour of New San Juan, an hour stop for lunch, and then back to the airport for $20 pp. We got to the airport about 2:00 p.m. with our luggage which had been stored in the van. A couple of girls on this tour had a 3:30 p.m. flight out so they opted to skip lunch and our tour guide drove them to the airport while we had lunch and then returned to pick us up. That was pretty convenient too if you have never toured San Juan before.

We enjoyed the festival last year and just want to watch the street parades, musicians, and entertainment, without luggage in tow this year.

Have a great cruise,

Kaye

Archived